New Visitor
caughtbetweenthestars

Charge Off Question...

I have an account an account that has been charged off, put still placed in collections with American General Finance for sometime.

I haven't heard anything out of them in years.  The last activity on the account was 11-1-2006.  I have been patiently waiting for November 1st of this year to finally get this off my credit report.

I recieved an alert from my.fico that my score went up 10 points from 778 to 788 because the "Account Transferred or Sold".  The old balance was $3,500ish.  The new balance is blank.

So for my questiona...

What does this mean?  Are they going to start hunting me down?  I was really hoping this would all be off my report by November 1st.  Does the 7 years restart because it was transferred?

Did my score go up merely because the balance went from $3,500 to blank?  

Shogun

Re: Charge Off Question...

They can resell the account 100 times and it wouldn't reset the CRTP clock, it will still fall off.

If this was a revolving account and the amount was factored into your util, then I could see a jump in score with it now reporting no balance.

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+