Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off from 2003

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Off from 2003

I saw this on my credit report today. I immediately contacted my former auto leasing company and they said that I paid this off after the charge off. I owe them 0 The strange thing is that this happened 5 years ago and it is now showing today. How can I  off my report? I know that charge offs can stay on a report for 7 years. Help!!!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Charge Off from 2003

Well, it looks like you have been lucky for the last five years.  If the collection was legit, and since you paid it off, you admitted its legitimacy, then you are lucky that it is only now appearing.  It is already 5 years old, and thus has declined in its adverse affect.  The CA reporting the collection and subsequent payment has zero incentive to GW it away.  I see no dispute, and suggest that you just have to live with it now.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My concern is that 5 years later is now showing as a charge off.  My score dropped almost 100 points as a result. Shouldnt the leasing company report this back in 03?  I have no choice but to dispute this. Plus I never received any correspondence that it was a charge off.  I had them sent me a letter saying it was paid in full then Im going to send it to Equifax. Im worried that these might show up on the other 2 bureaus in which my score is good

My Scores

Equifax

Transunion

Experian
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they properly report the age of this account?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is correct, but they all of a sudden changed it from Paid in full to charge off
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.