Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge-Off vs Paid Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge-Off vs Paid Charge Off

I had a Charge-Off account that was paid, and it has been reported as Paid-Charge-Off. Now out of nowhere they reported it as just Charge-Off. I called them and they claim that PAID-CHARGE-OFF  is same thing as CHARGE-OFF with zero balance. Is it? Somehow I don't think so.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Charge-Off vs Paid Charge Off

Yeah....as long as the balance says $0, you're good.

But....at least now you can start the GW process!  Smiley Very Happy  That is when a paid CO is better than an unpaid!  Who's reporting?  Maybe we know if they're GW friendly! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly, this change was prompted by my GW letter. Where they have read that this was what I was requesting - beats me. And what's sad is, I paid the account 6 days after the CO was placed Smiley Sad

It's Mazda American Credit.

Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Boo....seems this is a recent baddie.  Maybe you can search for a high level exec name...then email them.  I tried looking & wasn't having much luck.

Was this loan backed by a certain bank, or simply through Mazda?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's actually from Dec 2006, so it's not too recent. It was directly from Mazda. I am going to try more GW letters and look for some of the higher-ups.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.