Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off as an authorized account user

tag
Jlove8128

Charge off as an authorized account user

Hello everyone,

I have a charge off on  my credit reports, the CC has a balance of $9,000 at 100% utilization. I am listed as a authorized user so I was able to get it removed from my report today, I was told it will take 3-5 business days. Any idea how much this will affect my score?  It was last reported in Nov 13.

thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Charge off as an authorized account user

While a CO and the newness of the derog are impacting your score, it's impossible to give an estimate without knowing more information.  Did you pull your CS prior to the co?

Message 2 of 4
Jlove8128

unfortunately no, I had no idea that it was on there because I had not pulled all three reports until recently. I have never really tracked my score, and I recently was looking to get a loan and pulled one report and was disappointed in my Experian score of 639. So I pulled all three and noticed the issue and immediately called to have it removed.

Message 3 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Since you are an authorized user call the credit card company and ask to be removed.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.