cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off as an authorized account user

Charge off as an authorized account user

Hello everyone,

I have a charge off on  my credit reports, the CC has a balance of $9,000 at 100% utilization. I am listed as a authorized user so I was able to get it removed from my report today, I was told it will take 3-5 business days. Any idea how much this will affect my score?  It was last reported in Nov 13.

thanks in advance for any help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES
Moderator Emerita

Re: Charge off as an authorized account user

While a CO and the newness of the derog are impacting your score, it's impossible to give an estimate without knowing more information.  Did you pull your CS prior to the co?

Message 2 of 4

unfortunately no, I had no idea that it was on there because I had not pulled all three reports until recently. I have never really tracked my score, and I recently was looking to get a loan and pulled one report and was disappointed in my Experian score of 639. So I pulled all three and noticed the issue and immediately called to have it removed.

Message 3 of 4
Valued Contributor

Since you are an authorized user call the credit card company and ask to be removed.

Equifax My FICO score 814 11/29/2016, Discover TU FICO 807 12/29/2016 Citibank Equifax Bankcard FICO score 827 12/27/2016 Average of Accounts 13 years and no Installment accounts, 1 TU inquiry in 2015
Message 4 of 4