Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Journey vs. Discover FICO Credit Scorecard

tag
JakeRogue
Valued Member

Chase Credit Journey vs. Discover FICO Credit Scorecard

New user so apologies if I'm asking a question that has been answered before, but as  I learn more about FICO vs FAKO I was wondering if anyone could confirm/answer the following:

Discover FICO Credit Scorecard: this is legit, FICO 8 from TransUnion

CreditKarma: Vanatge 3.0, this is FAKO

Chase Credit Journey: Also legit, also FICO 8 from TransUnion?

I've heard/read that the only legit creditscore that Chase has is through the Chase Slate card...

FICO 8 October 2022 - EQ: 783 EX: 743 TU: 756
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Journey vs. Discover FICO Credit Scorecard

I googled  Chase Credit Journey  just now and this was the first thing that came up.

https://creditcards.chase.com/free-credit-score

I scrolled down and it says under Free Credit Score that the score is a Vantage score.

Google knows everything.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jake.  Chase Credit Journey gives you a VS 3.0 score which is one of the two free scores provided with your weekly CK updates.  These scores will match one another if they are generated at the same time.  Neither are FICO scores.

I don't really like the word, "legit" for FICO scores.  They are simply FICO scores.  VS 3.0 scores are legit VS 3.0 scores.  Obviously, a VS 3.0 score is not a "legit" FICO score, but it is a legit score, just using a different scoring model.

The most useful score you mentioned was the one you get through Discover.  CK and Chase Credit Journey scores are much less useful, as they likely aren't used by any real lenders.

Message 3 of 5
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@JakeRogue wrote:

I have seen several places saying the Discover FICO Credit Scorecard is from TU.  However when I sign on monthly to review my score it says it is an EX score.  

Does Discover give different versions to account holders than they give to people who just sign up for the Creditscorecard?   FYI  the only Discover card I have is my debit card from my bank.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MakingProgress wrote:

@JakeRogue wrote:

I have seen several places saying the Discover FICO Credit Scorecard is from TU.  However when I sign on monthly to review my score it says it is an EX score.  

Does Discover give different versions to account holders than they give to people who just sign up for the Creditscorecard?   FYI  the only Discover card I have is my debit card from my bank.

Credit Scorecard gives you a monthly update which includes your EX FICO 08 score.  This product offered by Discover is free to anyone (you don't have to be a Discover card holder).  If you are a Discover card holder, you'll get a monthly TU FICO 08 score provided by your account.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.