Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Experian FICO Score Clarification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Experian FICO Score Clarification

I was approved for a CSP the other week and received a letter from Chase with my FICO score in it. I was a little confused by the score as I did not think I was anywhere near this level. It says the scoring system name is FICO Score, Source: Experian, and my score was 809. Am I missing something here? Did they up the recent credit score amounts or what is going on? Thanks for the clarification. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Experian FICO Score Clarification

Up the recent credit score amounts how exactly? The highest on the FICO scale is 850 so you havent surpassed that. 809 is your EX FICO score.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Up the recent credit score amounts how exactly? The highest on the FICO scale is 850 so you havent surpassed that. 809 is your EX FICO score.

I know I have not surpassed that, but I have never been anywhere near that level before. Below the score it says "Scores calculated using this source can range from a low of 250 to a high of 900 (higher scores are better)." I was just wondering if this meant the scale had expanded by 50 points. 

Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for a CSP the other week and received a letter from Chase with my FICO score in it. I was a little confused by the score as I did not think I was anywhere near this level. It says the scoring system name is FICO Score, Source: Experian, and my score was 809. Am I missing something here? Did they up the recent credit score amounts or what is going on? Thanks for the clarification. 

Did it say which FICO model it was using? FICO 8, FICO Bankcard 8, etc?

The FICO Bankcard 8 model uses 900 points, rather than 850.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I have not surpassed that, but I have never been anywhere near that level before. Below the score it says "Scores calculated using this source can range from a low of 250 to a high of 900 (higher scores are better)." I was just wondering if this meant the scale had expanded by 50 points. 

Maybe it's one of the Bankcard models, rather than FICO 8.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did it say which FICO model it was using? FICO 8, FICO Bankcard 8, etc?

The FICO Bankcard 8 model uses 900 points, rather than 850.

It does not state which FICO model it is using or if it is a Chase Bank model. 

Message 6 of 7
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It means they are using the Fico 08 Bankcard model which ranges from 250 to 900 as opposed to the Fico 08 Classic model which ranges from 300 to 850. Citi also reports Fico 8 bankcard score [as opposed to Fico 8 Classic]. Many CC issuing banks use the bankcard enhanced model in decisioning so it makes sense that the report that score.

Provided below is a link to information on score distribution percentiles for different credit scoring models

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/The-many-flavors-of-FICO-Editions-versions-and-variations/m-p/4553382#M107982

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.