Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest place to get my FICO score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheapest place to get my FICO score

Hey all,

As I'm sure all of you have experienced at some point....ok, SOME of you... I have a recent obsession with finding out my exact correct FICO only score. My fiance has a Discover IT card and has her FICO score on each statement. I on the other hand have been monitoring my score through Credit Karma, which hasn't changed in over 5 months. It reports my credit score as 642. However, it has been useful to see the changes on my profile, such as adding my fiance as a authorized signer and vice versa. 

However, I just want to know my credit score for real. I looked at MyFico, and it's 60 bucks to get the 3 bureau scores. That's a little rich for my blood, and for something that I don't really NEED need to have. 

I just signed up for CreditSesame as another way to get some information, and they had me at 690 (using Experian instead of TU). That's quite a difference.

So, I know this has been asked ONE million times, and I don't know if a good answer is difficult to find because it doesn't exist, or because there are so many articles and crap about the "free" services that I just can't find a reasonable price for my FICO scores. If it's only through myFico, I guess 60 bucks is it.

Is it worth that amount of money?!

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cheapest place to get my FICO score

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cheapest place to get my FICO score

Wow that information is super useful.

I went back in my Capital One statements and found a credit score from February of this year! It was 635, and from quite awhile ago, but still awesome to see that that happens! I have a more recent rejection from them from last month, but it is entirely generic and does not say anything about my credit information.

I am now thinking about requesting credit line increases on both my Capital One cards as that post suggests, because it's all soft pulls, and if you are denied they may put it in your rejection letter.

Awesome tactic. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.