cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check back 8/6/07. Testing the real life accuracy of the FICO Calculator.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Check back 8/6/07.

I had a fraud charge on a credit card and didn't catch it until after the balance posted . It pushed my balance above target score trigger; no score change.

Lets try again. Assuming there are no other changes. FICO Calculator says:
(These are roughly my CR report dates)

On this date 8/4/07 30 point increase due to payment.
On this date 8/6/07 20 point increase due to payment.

Sorry folks, I would love to see these changes in July. But too much money to send in this month again. This is an expensive hobby paying off debt. Check back early August.
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...is there a simulator that can handle multiple actions...Say for instance I pay everything down to less than 9% util, pay everything on time, a baddie gets removed, and let's say just aging in general...how do I calculate a score? None of the simulators I have found tell me all that..just one thing at a time..
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. One action only. However. You can test each action separately and sorta combine actions on paper. I don't think neg and pos mix. So if you are going to gain 10 points and loose 20, the difference is -10. Combining multiple pos or multiple neg is much harder to figure out.
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I enter it all separately, each action constitutes about 25-30 points...lol...so if I combine the four actions....I should gain at least 75 points?  I don't think FICO would be that generous....
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only combine the neg and pos actions. And the left number 25 (25-30) is usually what happens. The right number represents possible factors such as loosing inquiries and more time. Of course this is only my opinion from trial and error and it has been working this way for me. I don't know how POS+POP turns out. But generally if you have a POS action you can combine it with a single NEG action. +20POS and -10NEG = +10POS. For me anyways 5POS+5POS=only 5POS since I only got points for first thing in the same area over a few months time. It is tricky. I think too, some things in some situations may still add POS to your score but are delayed. Who knows. It would be really nice to have the CALC show multiple actions.
Message 25 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each month I try something new. When I get my score I learn how it works and it becomes fact. By the time I figure it all out, they probably would have already changed it with upgrades.
Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Check back 8/6/07. Testing the real life accuracy of the FICO Calculator.

Reflected on EX but not on EQ yet. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. The wait is too long. lol. Last chance to post your bets.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Check back 8/6/07. Testing the real life accuracy of the FICO Calculator.

@Anonymous wrote:
Reflected on EX but not on EQ yet. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. The wait is too long. lol. Last chance to post your bets.

Sorry, posted on wrong thread. This is the correct thread about score bets.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=26880
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.