Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi's Equifax Fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi's Equifax Fico

Is it just me or is Citi's Equifax Fico score off? All my ficos scores across all bureaus are over 700. I've had my citi account since July and the Equifax fico is always 30 points lower than what my fico says.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citi's Equifax Fico

The FICO score that comes with Citi cards is FICO 8 Bankcard Enhanced.  It is a different model from FICO 8 Classic, which is the score you are probably comparing it to.

An interesting difference between the BE and Classic flavor of FICO is that the BE flavor can actually go higher than Classic.  The top range for Classic is 850 but the top range for BE is 900.  It's striking therefore that your BE score consistently lower, by a significant margin, than your classic score. 

It suggest that, from the perspective of a credit card issuer, the same Equifax report looks significantly more risky than it would to a more generic creditor.

Do you have a full 3B report from myFICO?  If so, was the FICO 8 BE score significantly lower than the FICO 8 classic?  (Drawn on Equifax data.)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.