cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Identity Monitor: which score do they provide?

tag
MattH
Senior Contributor

Citibank Identity Monitor: which score do they provide?

Citibank is offering me something called Identity Monitor as a feature of my Citi credit card.  It offers a full report and score every 30 days, daily monitoring for changes on all three CRAs, etc., for $12.95 per month.  But I read through the materials on their website very closely and cannot see any place where it says which scoring model they use.  It looks as though it was intentionally written so as to make the average consumer think it's a score used by lenders,  but no where does it say it's a FICO score so I assume it is not.  I assume it is some type of FAKO score, but don't know which FAKO score.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Identity Monitor: which score do they provide?

Matt,

From the information that I've been able to find by searching here at myFICO and googling, it appears that they pull Experian & use the Experian Plus score (FAKO). If that's changed, or if anyone has any additional info, hopefully they'll come along and chime in. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Matt,

From the information that I've been able to find by searching here at myFICO and googling, it appears that they pull Experian & use the Experian Plus score (FAKO). If that's changed, or if anyone has any additional info, hopefully they'll come along and chime in. Smiley Happy

Thanks, that's what I thought.  I already have access to daily pulls of my EX Plus score through my work (because my employers had an HR database backup tape go astray, they say it was encrypted and there's no evidence anybody has used the data to commit ID theft, but to protect us they enrolled every affected employee in the EX monitoring).  From before the data loss incident I was already subscribed to TU Quarterly Monitoring via myfico (which I still am), and from time to time I pull my EQ here at myfico.  And of course I pull my three free reports at annualcreditreport.com.  So I don't think this service from CITI would give me anything I don't already have.  Now if it was an actual EX FICO score, then I might consider subscribing since I can't get EX scores here at myfico.com anymore.

I expect if I call their 800 number the people who answer calls will probably be clueless about the whole issue of FICO versus FAKO scores, different FICO scoring models, Beacon Scores, Transrisk Scores, etc., etc.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 10
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

They actually provide 3 scores - one for each bureau, but like you, I don't know what scoring model they use. They are not FICO though, as I have pulled TU and EX from here on the same day and gotten different scores from CITI.

However, if you are intereseted in in - I would google " citi identity monitor 4.95" because there is a link out there somewhere that provides it at a better rate. I have the subscription at this $5 rate. It's much more fun than $13. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the link: http://www.identitymonitor.citi.com/index.aspx?source=IMN00291

Just signed up for it. If this service proves reliable, I will cancel my Quizzle monitoring service. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up for their service.  they provide a new score once per day if you log on and check it.  When I called they said they were provided by 3rd party "Credit Expert" the call center manager said the scoring model was the Credit Expert Scoring Model. 

I looked up Credit Expert, and the rep had no idea about the citi partnership, but did say they used the Experian Plus score 300-800 model in their service.  However the Citi IM site says their scores range is 300-850.  The rep couldn't tell me which Plus score iteration they were providing me either.

Message 6 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Their FAKO, called a PLUS score, is used in nearly every single Experian product or resell. 

Message 7 of 10
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I have Citi IDMoniitor. Their scores are not plus scores which were quite variable compared to FICO scores. I don't know what they are but of all the various FAKOs they have tracked the closest to FICOs with and without baddies though I don't yet know if they are going to track the huge drop that occurred with EQ FICO recently since it seems to be purely rebucketing.

EtoA: You can only pull reports and scores every 30 days. Each of the reports has it's own score.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@cashnocredit wrote:

I have Citi IDMoniitor. Their scores are not plus scores which were quite variable compared to FICO scores. I don't know what they are but of all the various FAKOs they have tracked the closest to FICOs with and without baddies though I don't yet know if they are going to track the huge drop that occurred with EQ FICO recently since it seems to be purely rebucketing.

You're right. My bad. CreditXpert as of this time last year anyway. 

Message 9 of 10
MaRain
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the link: http://www.identitymonitor.citi.com/index.aspx?source=IMN00291

Just signed up for it. If this service proves reliable, I will cancel my Quizzle monitoring service. Smiley Happy

Of course I find THIS post after signing up for Citi for $12.95 Smiley Sad

I have an update on the 29th but will cancel it asap right after and then re-enroll later. Thanks for updating this post. Although it may seem like an old bump, for those late in finding this website, it brings up very useful information!!

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.