cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic FICO's from TU online each month - for FREE!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Classic FICO's from TU online each month - for FREE!

I just found another place that provides FICO scores without paying extra for them.     Much to my surprise, when I went online to wamu.com to check on my Wash. Mutual mtg loan and HELOC balances, I saw this:

Your FICO® score is 693 as of 05/17/2008 Source: TransUnion
This is your FICO® score as reported by TransUnion.

I then clicked on What is a "FICO score"?, and the following explanation came up. 

It says it is the "classic" version, which tells me that it should be the one that the lender would see at time of mtg. application and is not the same as the PFICO on the Wamu credit cards.......

FICO® Score

A FICO® score is a type of credit score created by the Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO). Like all credit scores, the FICO score is a number that summarizes your credit risk, based on a snapshot of your credit report at a particular point in time. It can help lenders evaluate your credit report and estimate your credit risk.

WaMu home equity line of credit customers can view their FICO® score online for free, updated monthly. This is the "classic" version of the FICO score, with a range of 300 to 850. Fair, Isaac also issues other types of FICO scores for other segments of the financial industry, such as credit card issuers. If you have access to other FICO scores you may see difference among them, even though they are all "FICO scores."

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Classic FICO's from TU online each month - for FREE!

That's cool

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Boscoe and Timothy are in a competition for shortest posts, lol.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

My prior post has less spaces then Boscoe's.

Message Edited by marty56 on 05-31-2008 11:10 AM
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any comments to make on the subject itself, instead of arguing whose posts are the shortest?

We often see in this forum, questions relating to where exactly one can obtain real FICO's, and this is one of the places you can do this.
Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sorry, I was stumped by your blank post.

Did you happen to have a recent TU score pull from here to compare the WaMu score with? I wonder if they're doing the previous month's TU FICO, the way they did with the PFICO.

That would be worth getting a WaMu, if that bank didn't scare me so.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

On 4/1/08, I pulled TU from myFICO, and it was 676.   Per the Wamu website, on 5/17/08, the score was 693, so that seems reasonable.   

I am now waiting until my bk ages to 1 year in July, before I pull my FICO's again.   At that time, I will wait until Wamu updates this classic FICO score and then immediately pull my FICO's from the myFICO site to see if they are close.   They should be, but we will see.

I will share this info as soon as I have it.

By the way, the website says you need a HELOC to get this, not a 1st mtg.    And remember that Wamu has historically lent up to 90% of property value for HELOC's, as opposed to the 80% most lenders are limited to.    Of course, things may have changed given the current housing and credit crunch.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.