Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cli and scoring

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Cli and scoring

I thought it was interesting that when my Cli of about 6 Gr reported my fako Vantage scores dropped 56 and 54 points! Scared me to death until I saw the only thing changed were my limits! Glad the real Fico didn't flinch!
2 REPLIES 2
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cli and scoring

For the life of me, I don't understand the point of those Vantage scores.  They seem pretty useless to me.  I don't know of a single creditor that uses them.  It would be different if they closely mirrored your real FICO scores, but they don't.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cli and scoring

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
I thought it was interesting that when my Cli of about 6 Gr reported my fako Vantage scores dropped 56 and 54 points! Scared me to death until I saw the only thing changed were my limits! Glad the real Fico didn't flinch!

Hi Shbrooks1,

That really troubles me as well.  Most folks do not know that here in USA that the majoritity of companies do not use the FAKO scores at all.  That is very troubling because if a consumer were not educated, they would know no better.  I tell my co-workers and friends all the time that they are not the scores that creditors use.  The first response that I get is, "What are you talking about? Credit Karma told me it is my scores!"....  We really do need to become a more educated consumer.  *Wow*

On the flip side though, had it not been for myFICO forums, or more exhaustive google searches, that I would not even know the difference between FAKO and FICO myself... heh....

I am glad your FICO scores did not budge ;-)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.