cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed CC account, Dropped 29 Points!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLOSING BOA ACCOUNT, DESTROYED MY SCORES!!!!!

If you have limited credit line as it is, something like that would do it because it lowers your utilization.  

Message 21 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did close the account, becouse of the high APR and ANF, and never graduated not even consider a soft pull to do it, right now my utilization is 1% on 8500k credit,

still dont understand , really freak me outSmiley Sad so how long take to recover from this, and what to do in order to raise up my score Smiley Surprised thanks

Message 22 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card was secured one(500 limit) when the account was closed the balance at the time was showing zero balance, is already showing in my 3 reports as closed at zero balance, the card also had a high APR29% and ANF 39.00Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just give it some time. Im sure if your utilization is that low your scores will rebound. 

Message 24 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris, wahat you say ,makes sense , my other cards are newer , check this out, before  close this account my reports was showing oldest acccount (8 years)Smiley Tongue now that is closed, my reports is showing oldest account ( 2 years)Smiley Sad SO basicly Losing BOFA reduced my AAOA, thats wy my scores was crashed?

how to recover from this?? is ther any way??? to raise up again?? thanks you alll

Message 25 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i knew was going to be a big hit in my scores i would had hold on longer untili had reach my score  the 700s or above, but seing my card sitting ther (500Limit) with out being graduated, and the APR and ANF was so high, that forced me to close that accountSmiley Sad too late nowSmiley Sad lesson learnedSmiley Happy

Message 26 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ghGirll123, time will tellSmiley SadSmiley Tongue

Message 27 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Chris, wahat you say ,makes sense , my other cards are newer , check this out, before  close this account my reports was showing oldest acccount (8 years)Smiley Tongue now that is closed, my reports is showing oldest account ( 2 years)Smiley Sad SO basicly Losing BOFA reduced my AAOA, thats wy my scores was crashed?

how to recover from this?? is ther any way??? to raise up again?? thanks you alll

Closing an account should not reduce your AAoA as it is still on your reports for many years. The main reason closed accounts hurt you is potentially increasing utilization. Fortunately, once your utilization goes down, your score will go back up immediately.

Message 28 of 51
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wait hold up. Closed accounts are still factored into AAOA. Are you looking at Credit Karma? This doesn't make sense. I've closed several cards and never had this issue.
Message 29 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have noticed a blend of using both your AAOA and/or Oldest account as a factor in your score on certain reporting sites. It could just be a specific site that uses the oldest account as a criteria. For example Capital One Credit Tracker uses oldest credit line which has a high impact on their scoring model:

a>2520.91%
b8-2555.98%
c2-718.15%
d<2

4.96%

According to their model you would have dropped from a "B" category to a "D" category. Also as you stated in your previous post:

Chris, wahat you say ,makes sense , my other cards are newer , check this out, before  close this account my reports was showing oldest acccount (8 years):smileytongue: now that is closed, my reports is showing oldest account ( 2 years):smileysad: SO basicly Losing BOFA reduced my AAOA, thats wy my scores was crashed?

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.