Valued Member
shorttough

Closed Credit Cards with Balances impact on FICO Scoring model.

Hi,

I have 2 closed credit cards with balances of 6000 and 4600.

I also have 13 tradelines with overall Utilization of 36% without calculating the Closed Credit Cards.

My question is am i calculating the utilization correctly? or do i have to include the balances as well against my existing credit limit?

Thanks

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Closed Credit Cards with Balances impact on FICO Scoring model.

[ Edited ]

Closed CCs are also included into revolving util provided they report a balance and a CL.

Aside from CCs, revolving util also includes LOCs and HELOCs up to a certain limit, and also includes most CO'd CCs provided they still report a balance.

ETA...if util is a pos. or neg. factor, it'll be listed within pages 2 or 3 of your FICO report.

Valued Member
shorttough

The following is showing in the Credit Report.

Credit AccountCiti

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Credit limit [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Oct, 2012
Sep, 2006
Oct, 2009
$7,800
Revolving
Individual
$97
All Banks
Descriptions [?]
  • Account closed at consumer's request

Credit CardAmex

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry
Oct, 2012
Oct, 2003
Oct, 2012
$9,600
Revolving
Individual
All Banks
Descriptions [?]
  • Account closed at consumer's request
  • Credit Card
Valued Member
shorttough

notice the AMEX card is not showing any Credit Limit, but just the highest Balance it once had

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}