Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed account drop off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closed account drop off

Pretty cool, Aim! Did you do anything proactively or did they just drop off by themselves? Was there any pattern to the accounts that dropped early? Mine seems to have been a rather arbitrary subset of closed accounts.

Message 11 of 24
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Pretty random. I did nothing. For example I have three chargeoffs from chase that are still reporting with TU and EX. EQ seems to be the only CRA that just dropped some of my most damaging account. My luck I guess Smiley Very Happy 

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 12 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Pretty cool, Aim! Did you do anything proactively or did they just drop off by themselves? Was there any pattern to the accounts that dropped early? Mine seems to have been a rather arbitrary subset of closed accounts.

Just a gentle reminder --it's a violation of the forums terms of service and user guidelines to advocate unethical means of "credit repair." This post got a wee bit close to that line. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 24
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Man Surprised?

how does that imply credit repair, I dont get it ?

Message 14 of 24
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

it's a violation of the forums terms of service and user guidelines to advocate unethical means of "credit repair."

Can I get clarity on this please because I'm very offended by your post.

Message 15 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Aim720 wrote:

Man Surprised?

how does that imply credit repair, I dont get it ?

In general, if one takes actions to manipulate a credit report to improve it in some way, rather than reducing util, removing info that is genuinely incorrect, waiting for baddies to fall off, and so forth, it is considered unethical versions of credit repair by the forums. "Doing anything proactively" was getting close to discussing manipulation of reports.

What many people don't realize (or forget) is that since the forums are sponsored by a corporation, the corp is responsible for the content. If there is any advocacy of "credit repair", as opposed to consumer education to help one another understand credit and improve our credit practices, it can make FICO vulnerable to legal charges, because FICO is not a registered credit repair company.

If the forums were run out of someone's basement, taking ad revenue to survive and so forth, things would be different.

But since they're not, think of a gaggle of corporate lawyers looking at the forums as if they were ticking time bombs, sweating what gets posted here, and periodically threatening to close the forums completely. So we do have to go with the better-safe-than-sorry approach.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Aim720 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

it's a violation of the forums terms of service and user guidelines to advocate unethical means of "credit repair."

Can I get clarity on this please because I'm very offended by your post.

I'm sorry that I couldn't type any faster. I was trying to explain things as carefully as possible.

I regret that you're offended. After you've been here a while, you'll discover that the forums "self-moderate" in many ways. (Please see the post above for why.) I specifically did not mean offense, which is why I said that the post was getting close to being a problem post and threw in a smiley for good measure. When someone posts a flagrantly violating message, it's whooshed away as soon as a moderator sees it. This wasn't done with your post, because it was just a getting-close post.

There are all sorts of weird little don't-go-there areas, and since we avoid discussing them (remember the gaggle of corporate lawyers), people often don't know about them until they wander in. It's like little kids repeating a naughty word, and then they get in trouble, but it's not as if their parents were going to say, OK, here's a list of words you're not allowed to say. (I suppose we have to rely on the late great George Carlin for that.)

Message 17 of 24
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Be careful not to imply that someone is involved in "advocating credit repair" when there is nothing substantial in this instance to support your claim. This could be seem a defamation of character, which could become a legal issue for the company you represent. A private message would have been more appropriate rather than a public statement.

Message 18 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Aim720 wrote:

Be careful not to imply that someone is involved in "advocating credit repair" when there is nothing substantial in this instance to support your claim. This could be seem a defamation of character, which could become a legal issue for the company you represent. A private message would have been more appropriate rather than a public statement.

I do not represent any company, FICO or otherwise. I work elsewhere, 60-70 hours a week, and I drop in here in my free time.

We do send PM's, but we also reply in a general manner, as I did, when a thread seems to be wandering off course. And you will also see that many other members do the same.

Since this has disturbed you, I would suggest that you click the Options button above on the right and select "Report inappropriate content." A text box will open, and you can enter your comments. This will go to all the active moderators and to the forums administrators.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

Message 19 of 24
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Enjoy your  " free time" Smiley Indifferent

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.