cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed account still reporting balance almost paid off. With this hurt my score?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closed account still reporting balance almost paid off. With this hurt my score?

Your CC updates once per month. Within a few days following the next statement date, it'll update as $0. The closed comment never mattered to util provided it still showed a balance.

Per FICO change, it varies. if you want a guesstimate, you'll need to figure out your utilization for all of your accounts that factor nto util, including this CC at the lower balance. Then you'll have to recalculate util without this TL. It's that change in utilization that'll determine your FICO change. Another factor is whether or not util is listed as a negative item in the things that help/hurt your FICO. That is found on your FICO report.

Message 11 of 12
mwmiller82
Contributor

Re: Closed account still reporting balance almost paid off. With this hurt my score?

llecs, thanks again.

Ok, I got my free credit reports 2 days ago. They only show 3 crepo refactored in on my CC utilization.

Orchard Bank card, $200 limit-$55balance.

Capital One Card,    $300 limit- $69 balance

kohls Credit Card,    $300 limit- $33 babalance then it showes

It showes all of These under "installment accounts" and it says: $157 balance, $643 available, and $800 CL. Then it showes a debt to income ratio of 20%

that was on my equifax report, on credit karma account, and my experian report. It only showes mclay jewelers account under "closed accounts"

Does this new information help any?

Starting Score: TU527 EQ517 April 2012
Current Score: TU535 EQ540 May 2012
Current Score: TU631 EQ620 October 2012
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.