Contributor
steffiejoe

Closed by consumer accounts

Does anyone know if a current closed by consumer account  affect your fico score?

I notice that some of my closed accounts do not have the  credit limit listed does this matter?

Your PLUS Score is: 800 on a scale of 330 - 830.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Closed by consumer accounts

steffiejoe wrote:
Does anyone know if a current closed by consumer account  affect your fico score?

I notice that some of my closed accounts do not have the  credit limit listed does this matter?

1.) An account notated as closed by the consumer has no affect on your FICO scores so long as there is no balance and no late payments and the account is in good standing. Same applies if the account is closed by the creditor. With the later, even though scores are not affected, having a closed account report this way might raise some questions during a manual review with a lender...but this has never happened to me when I was apping for mortgages last year.

2.) Closed CC accounts with balances should show CL's because these will factor in FICO utilization percentage calculations while closed CCs without balances do not factor in utilization percentage calculations. Just make sure any closed account is in good standing and does not have a balance or late payments reporting.
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: Closed by consumer accounts

steffiejoe wrote:

When CL isn't reported, the high balance is used in it's place for purposes of calculating util. However, on a closed account util isn't a factor.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}