Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Made My Fico Score go up?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Made My Fico Score go up?

LVNV funding reported the different account collections to my credit report an my EQ went up 9 points?👀👀👻👻
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection Made My Fico Score go up?

Where is the score from?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Myfico.com
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What other negative items were present on your credit report prior to this collection being reported?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is almost no way a collection can make a score go up. I can only think of one possible case.  Clean file gets one collection and then goes into a dirty bucket.  Compared to the rest of the dirty bucket its "better"

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's feasible, actually.  If the account is really old but not old enough to fall off, the AAoA can go up significantly if you have a thin file otherwise.

Also if you went from the 1-derogatory bucket into the 2-derogatory bucket, you're compared to others in that new worse bucket and maybe you're slightly better than the rest.

Message 6 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I don't think collections are counted in your AAoA.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh you're right.  I was thinking about the total age of your credit file, which I do believe has some effect on FICO.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.