Valued Member
onfussedandneedinghelp

Collection Question

I have a question...

I have 4 collections on my record and I want to know how many points it is hurting me. They total about $500. Is one worth x amount, 2 adds another x amount, etc etc.... How do you think it is hurting my score? Thanks in advance
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Collection Question

It depend how recently they updated-
I just had 2 collections (getting ready to be removed) added to EX- 82 points. The $ amounts don't really matter-
Be sure to read the Credit 101 Thread - RTC101T

onfussedandneedinghelp wrote:
I have a question...

I have 4 collections on my record and I want to know how many points it is hurting me. They total about $500. Is one worth x amount, 2 adds another x amount, etc etc.... How do you think it is hurting my score? Thanks in advance

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Collection Question

You also won't see much of a bump if your remove the first. The second will produce a better result, the third much more and the last will count the most......all depending on age.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}