cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection account removed but no increase in credit score instead 10 points dropped

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection account removed but no increase in credit score instead 10 points dropped

I have disputed collection account with Equifax and Transunion. The dispute resulted in the following:

I have 2 collection account removed from Equifax  for subarban credit and one account AFNI removed from Transunion.  That is what I have seen in my credit karma report today.  Insted of credit score increase I see it dropped about 11 point for transunion and 8 points for Equifax.  I am wondering will my credit score increas for Transunion and Equifax since the collection account has been removed.  How long do you think It will take for the credit score score to increase and by how many points.

Thank you, your help is really apprciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
arenglish
New Contributor

Re: Collection account removed but no increase in credit score instead 10 points dropped

Credit Karma offers you your Vantage 3.0 scores. These scores are unreliable as they are not used by creditors. I would suggest you use Discover's creditscorecard.com or CreditCheckTotal's $1 free trail to get your FICO scores. These are the scores that really matter. Good luck!

10/19 TU:785; EX:752; EQ:728
Message 2 of 8
MrTom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Collection account removed but no increase in credit score instead 10 points dropped

@Anonymous wrote:

I have disputed collection account with Equifax and Transunion. The dispute resulted in the following:

I have 2 collection account removed from Equifax  for subarban credit and one account AFNI removed from Transunion.  That is what I have seen in my credit karma report today.  Insted of credit score increase I see it dropped about 11 point for transunion and 8 points for Equifax.  I am wondering will my credit score increas for Transunion and Equifax since the collection account has been removed.  How long do you think It will take for the credit score score to increase and by how many points.

Thank you, your help is really apprciated. 

CK uses FAKO scores.  Vantage dos not react to collection accounts.  If anything it goes down everytime the dog sneezes.

I had a collection deleted, and my FAKO went down and my FICO8 went up 44 points.

Discovercard gives you a free FICO8 everymonth reguardless if your a card holder or not.  If your looking for a free score this is a route to take

Starting Score: May 23, 2016 EQ 537 TU 518 EX 548
Recent Scores: EQ 839 TU 824 EX 821
Goal Score: 840
Current Vantage 3.0: 808
Mortgage Scores August 18 2017: EQ5 684 TU4 692 EX2 690
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Mr. Tom

Message 4 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Were these your only collections.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl I have one more collection account "Midwest Recovery", some hospital bill.  I am going to disptue that also.  But now I am worried is my Credit score will go down again, If that other account is removed. 

Message 6 of 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Ignore your CK scores and the ups and downs with them. Your FICO scores will see the biggest increase when your last collection is removed.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl I have one more collection account "Midwest Recovery", some hospital bill.  I am going to disptue that also.  But now I am worried is my Credit score will go down again, If that other account is removed. 

Your FICO scores would never go down from having your final negative item removed.  On the contrary, they typically go up a significant amount.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.