Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection deletion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection deletion

I recently, as of yesterday, found out that an $8800 collection was deleted from my credit report, due to it being wrongful in the first place.  It had been on my credit report for 2 years.  The credit reporting agencies are telling me that this won't increase my credit score, that it will have no affect, whatsoever, which I find very strange.  I had a credit repair expert advise me that having this deleted COULD increase my score by up to 70 points or so.  Has anyone had any experience with anything like this and what was the outcome? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Collection deletion

Is this your ONE and ONLY derog on your reports? Zero other collections or charge offs?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it is not.  I have a couple of other small medical collections.

Message 3 of 9
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Well, it may not apply to all. I did have a collection removed from one bureau, the other bureau is still showing and in dispute, wasn't showing on a third. My alert only showed an increase of 45 pts for this one particular bureau, and I have 1 $34 med collection still remaining on said bureau. I compared reports, nothing else changed, so I deducted this did impact my scoring. Although mostly said on forums that your score will dramatically increase once all are removed via deletion or aging off. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When it was removed, did you receive an alert from Myfico?
Message 5 of 9
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Yes but no explanation to trigger the alert as usual ones ie your balance has decreased by x amount. I will say, I had at the time signed up for the Credit Check total $1 7 day free trial, so pulling that report may have trigger the myfico alert. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, great! Thank you so much!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

With me my equafax score was 659 with 3 collections. Then had one removed there was no score change then had number 2 removed and still no score change. After the final collections was deleted my score jumped 106 points. So it seems as long as you have at least one collections it's going to hold you down. Just my opinion.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!  I appreciate it.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.