Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections gone from TU ???

tag
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Collections gone from TU ???

My TU score on CK went up by 25 points so I had to find out why.  The collections listed there on MyFICO both had "Date Assigned" as Aug 25, 2011.  Normally, collections fall off after 7 years so either the collection agency decided to stop listing it OR I'm going by the wrong date??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections gone from TU ???

You need to go off the date of your first delinquency that led the collection. (DOFD)

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/DOLA-DOFD-SOL-AHHHH/td-p/13384

Message 2 of 5
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

I went to another FAKO website (Credit Sesame) and paid $1.99 for an instant score update and the score also jumped.  Happy news as TU is my 1st clean CRA in a very long time!!!  BK-7 still shows on both EQ and EX but filing date was Aug 7, 2006.....  Not too long from now!!!

Message 3 of 5
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

I'm even more confused. When I went to the online dispute for TU, the collections are still there. It even says they are scheduled to be removed around May 2018! But CK says I don't have any TU collections! What gives?

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Might jhst be when it updates

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.