cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed this time for sure. ...this age old question; account aging to 1 year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAIT this is still open! ...this age old question; account aging to 1 year?

UTL was exactly the same this month finally. Score change was +1 point after 1 year birthday for this 4 year scorecard profile.

Anybody else have birthdays coming up please post. I have another CR profile that I'm watching which will have a 1 year bday soon, older scorecard. I'll be watching that one too. However I don't expect much point gain either.

If I can confirm on 2 CRs that accounts less than 1 year don't really hurt I will be applying for a new credit card very shortly. Smiley Happy
Message 51 of 57
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I was going to post in a new message but decided to piggyback here....

My TU just shot up 34 points between 8/26 and 9/1 from 664 to 698 Smiley Surprised. In going through my reports, there are little changes and got to thinking that it had to do with an anniversary.

In comparing the FICO report, utilization stayed the same (actually up $38). History maybe advanced by one month, but the avg. history is the same. Inquiries went up by two in the past week. No new accounts or other changes. Baddies, no anniversaries for them by lates. So....I have to guess that it had to do with "Accounts opened in past year". The figure went from 8 to 7 as one CC hit the one yr mark.

BTW, of my 11 accounts, 8 (now 7) were opened in the past yr. Two more hit 1 yr mark this month, two in Oct. and 2 in Nov. I wonder if I'll get any more bumps like this.

Does this sound right?
Message 52 of 57
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:
I was going to post in a new message but decided to piggyback here....

My TU just shot up 34 points between 8/26 and 9/1 from 664 to 698 Smiley Surprised. In going through my reports, there are little changes and got to thinking that it had to do with an anniversary.

In comparing the FICO report, utilization stayed the same (actually up $38). History maybe advanced by one month, but the avg. history is the same. Inquiries went up by two in the past week. No new accounts or other changes. Baddies, no anniversaries for them by lates. So....I have to guess that it had to do with "Accounts opened in past year". The figure went from 8 to 7 as one CC hit the one yr mark.

BTW, of my 11 accounts, 8 (now 7) were opened in the past yr. Two more hit 1 yr mark this month, two in Oct. and 2 in Nov. I wonder if I'll get any more bumps like this.

Does this sound right?

In my bucket I get hit when accounts opened in the past year goes from 4 to 5. This is too addicting I said I wasn't going to pull but... LOL. Anyway I got my point s back on EX when I let 2 cards report 705-717. No penalty for opening a new BofA CC. I got some of my points back on TU 717-726 but got flagged for 30 credit accounts once BofA hit the report. This was a negative on the scales. Never saw that before so I am guessing my report is improving somewhat. Utilization still 1% one new inq on EX from BofA. I refuse to ever pay for an EQ pull. At least not until the BK drops in another 18 months. Smiley Happy
Message 53 of 57
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add to the above post, EX and EQ results are in too...

EX - The account was pulled the same time last week for EX and everything is the same. The only difference is "Accounts opened in past year" decreased from 9 to 8 (different on EX and EQ from TU because I lost a CC 3 months after getting it and is still reporting). Like TU, 3 accounts will hit 1 yr this month (again, due to lost CC), 2 in Oct, and 2 in Nov.

EX score change is 0.

Edited to check something on EQ....

EQ - a little different. Also pulled last week. After that pull, I had a SW alert of +3 points. About that time, my utilization went down by 8%. So using that new score and comparing it to this, there a 0 point change. Like EX and TU, my accounts are also hitting the one yr mark. However, EQ already factored in September's anniversary. So instead of 8 accounts to hit 1 yr (remember the lost CC), I now have 5 accounts opened within past year. All else was the same.

EQ score change is also 0 (despite having 3 hit 1 yr).

Message Edited by llecs on 09-01-2008 02:25 PM

Message Edited by llecs on 09-01-2008 02:31 PM
Message 54 of 57
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:

This is too addicting I said I wasn't going to pull but... LOL.
Unfortunately there is no cure for Fico-itis.  Smiley Sad
Message 55 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

An older CR had a 1 year for youngest account bday. NO POINTS!!!!
Message 56 of 57
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
An older CR had a 1 year for youngest account bday. NO POINTS!!!!

Maybe 2 years is more important? 

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.