Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused. Where to buy REAL FICO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused. Where to buy REAL FICO?

Sorry, i do not agree.

I pulled the myFico score, they said it is 579.

I paid for all 3 scores, they were 583-579-587, through freecreditscore.com

I paid seperately for Experian - 583, the one most banks use

But when denied credit by chase, they said my score was 608.

PROOF lenders get a real FICO, we do not.  Chase said my FICO was 608 according to Experian, but Experian did not give me that number.

No one gives your real FICO unless you apply for a loan.

Think its no big deal?   No bank will give a mortgage without a minimum of a 600 FICO these days.

See?  It is a huge deal in my case, I could not get a mortgage, or so I assumed, until I applied.  Now Wells Fargo gave me a mortgage, because they pulled my Fico and it was 608.....oh, after I closed on the mortgage I went back to myFico, score was still 579.  Went back to Experian, score still 583.

Don't waste money getting these estimated scores, just bite the bullet and apply for one big loan and get the real score from the bank

Message 11 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, i do not agree.

I pulled the myFico score, they said it is 579.

I paid for all 3 scores, they were 583-579-587, through freecreditscore.com

I paid seperately for Experian - 583, the one most banks use

But when denied credit by chase, they said my score was 608.

PROOF lenders get a real FICO, we do not.  Chase said my FICO was 608 according to Experian, but Experian did not give me that number.

No one gives your real FICO unless you apply for a loan.

Think its no big deal?   No bank will give a mortgage without a minimum of a 600 FICO these days.

See?  It is a huge deal in my case, I could not get a mortgage, or so I assumed, until I applied.  Now Wells Fargo gave me a mortgage, because they pulled my Fico and it was 608.....oh, after I closed on the mortgage I went back to myFico, score was still 579.  Went back to Experian, score still 583.

Don't waste money getting these estimated scores, just bite the bullet and apply for one big loan and get the real score from the bank

It's true in the case of Experian. As of a couple of years ago, Experian blocked consumer access to your FICO. Your lender and credit card companies can still provide your FICO, but sites like Experian.com or freecreditscore.com never offered FICO scores ever anyway.

The Equifax pulled from here will match the one your lender pulls. TU might not, since most use a newer version, but there are still quite a few lenders whose score would match the TU pulled here.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

SO I recieved an alert from freecreditscore saying my Experian score jumped to 640.  I went directly to Experian and it is confirmed.  Then I went to Equifax and ordered all 3scores, and 2 of the scores changed, but were still under 600, but the funny thing is they said my Experian score was 597, 5 minutes after Experian said it was 640.  I confirmed all three reports, which i ordered and paid for again, removed the one negative from my account, but my score barely rose.  The funniest thing? Eqifax removed the negative too, but my score never changed with them?

More proof all of these companies are using bull**bleep** calculators.   How can myfico say my experian score is 597 when Experian itself tells me it is 640?

The onlt good thing is Chase said it was 608 before this, so I am guessing it is really closer to 650 now. 

I can't believe consumers do not have the right to know the score used to determine the interest rates we must pay.

Message 13 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE

SO I recieved an alert from freecreditscore saying my Experian score jumped to 640.  I went directly to Experian and it is confirmed.  Then I went to Equifax and ordered all 3scores, and 2 of the scores changed, but were still under 600, but the funny thing is they said my Experian score was 597, 5 minutes after Experian said it was 640.  I confirmed all three reports, which i ordered and paid for again, removed the one negative from my account, but my score barely rose.  The funniest thing? Eqifax removed the negative too, but my score never changed with them?

More proof all of these companies are using bull**bleep** calculators.   How can myfico say my experian score is 597 when Experian itself tells me it is 640?

The onlt good thing is Chase said it was 608 before this, so I am guessing it is really closer to 650 now. 

I can't believe consumers do not have the right to know the score used to determine the interest rates we must pay.

1. None of the scores you get from FCS.com are FICO scores. If you read the fine print on their website it says: Calculated on the PLUS Score model, your Experian Credit Score indicates your relative credit risk level for educational purposes and is not the score used by lenders

2. There is no 3 in 1 monitoring service that sells all 3 FICO scores. The particular product that you bought from Equifax is based on their own proprietary "Equifax Credit Score" and none of those scores are FICO scores. This is from the Equifax website: The credit score provided under the offers described herein make use of the Equifax Credit Score™ which is a proprietary credit model developed by Equifax. It may be calculated using the information in your Equifax, Experian and TransUnion credit files. This score is intended for your own educational use

3. The score you get from the Experian website is not a FICO score. It is the same "PLUS" score offered at freecrediscore.

4. You cannot buy an Experian FICO score from myFICO. As a matter of fact no one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Wal Mart now offers a TU score to those who have their store card and the Discover version.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

This part was a mis-type...

How can myfico say my experian score is 597 when Experian itself tells me it is 640?

What I meant was...How can Equifax say my Experian score is 597 when Experian itself tells me it is 640?(I paid Equifax for all 3 scores)

And I will correct, myfico said my score was 579, even after the one negative on my credit report was removed.  I paid for a new credit score, and it was still 579, even though the one negative was gone.  If removing the only negative information off your account doesnt improve your score by 50 or more points, then something is really wrong with myfico. And with the Equifax system they use.  Experian is the only agency that updated my credit score at all.

But regarding the FAKO scores, that was what I was pointing out, no one gives the real score.

How do I know this as fact?  When Everyone said my Experian Fico was 583, Chase bank told me it was 608.  So now that some people tell me it is 640, the 'real' fico obviously should be higher than the 608 it used to be.  But not according to anyone I have paid.

The ONLY way to get your REA: FICO is to apply for a loan.  Every one of the on line sites give you estimated fako's and cant agree.  

Message 15 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This part was a mis-type...

How can myfico say my experian score is 597 when Experian itself tells me it is 640?

What I meant was...How can Equifax say my Experian score is 597 when Experian itself tells me it is 640?(I paid Equifax for all 3 scores) Neither of those scores is a FICO score. Experian is selling you a PLUS score and Equifax is selling you a Equifax Credit Score. Each of them uses a different scoring formula from each other and neither of those "scores" is based on the same scoring formulas as FICO scores and should be completely ignored.

And I will correct, myfico said my score was 579, even after the one negative on my credit report was removed.  I paid for a new credit score, and it was still 579, even though the one negative was gone.  If removing the only negative information off your account doesnt improve your score by 50 or more points, then something is really wrong with myfico. And with the Equifax system they use.  Experian is the only agency that updated my credit score at all.

But regarding the FAKO scores, that was what I was pointing out, no one gives the real score. That's the key word-FAKO as in non-FICO. NO FAKO score can be relied on for accuracy.

How do I know this as fact?  When Everyone said my Experian Fico was 583, Chase bank told me it was 608. The score Chase (and all lenders) gave you should be accurate.  

So now that some people tell me it is 640, the 'real' fico obviously should be higher than the 608 it used to be.  But not according to anyone I have paid.

The ONLY way to get your REA: FICO is to apply for a loan.  I respectfully have to disagree with this. I already listed several places to get a true FICO score.

Every one of the on line sites give you estimated fako's and cant agree. As I said just ignore all FAKO scores all the time.

I realize it can seem very confusing but certainly not impossible to work your way through if you spend time reading and researching. But that's a big, big part of these forums; to educate ourselves so we can make informed decisions. I'm confident if you stick around you'll soon see that it's not so complicated after all.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.