Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about different scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused about different scores

I'm new to MyFico.  I subscribed to the quarterly report the other day and got my TU score: 670.  I decided to pay the $15 to EQ for my score and they also gave me 670.  I've read on here that we can't actually get our EX score. 

I'm confused because I keep seeing TU/EQ vs real FICO score.  Is the score I got on MyFico from TU my actual FICO score?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: Confused about different scores

The EQ and TU scores you received from MyFico are actual Fico scores.

In particular, the EQ score is what is known as the Beacon 5 score -- which is the most common EQ Fico score and it will generally be the same exact score that lenders pull, unless they use a custom Fico score.

The TU score is is what is known as the TU98 score -- which is a very common TU Fico score and it may be the same exact score that lenders pull. A growing number of lenders use a newer version of the formula known as TU04, and some use a custom Fico score.

The only way to get an EX Fico score is from your lender or from a credit union known as PSECU.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.