Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by Score drop. Please help

tag
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Confused by Score drop. Please help

I pulled my scores in mid-January and since then they have went down about 14points.,  I truly don't understand.  My utilization went up from 6% but is currently at 10% which I thought was still considered good.

I have balances (low) across several accounts from the holidays.  Although I used a little more, I also received several cli's which I think myfico is not considering.  My total credit was 14k and is now 17k and my debt was 1500 and went to 2200.  I should be back down when this month's statements post, but in the meantime can someone please help me understand the continual drop?

Also, My oldest new account will be 1 year old the end of this week.  Will this also help my score?

I am trying to move toward 800 not slide back to 700.  Thanks to all that can helpSmiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Confused by Score drop. Please help

Is the score drop in the free Walmart FICO score?  If so, that newer version of FICO is much more sensitive to util.  Have all the cli's reported to help offset the higher balances? 

Between the available credit and balances you mention, you are between 10-12% depending what limits are actually reporting.  You could be up to 15% with the new balances if the new limits aren't reporting it.  Also, carrying balances across multiple cards could be causing the drop too.  Did you have multiple cards reporting before?

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Yes. multiple cards reporting low balances and yes all the increases are reporting. all the numbers are from my credit report.  The drop is from myfico EQ scorewatch.

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 3 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Oh, I thought it was the newer TU Fico score because of the score in your siggy.  Sorry!  If you've pulled the reports and the only difference is the higher util, that's your answer.  Did you maybe lose an old account and now have a lower AAoA?? 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 4 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

No, Aaoa is still increasing.  Perhaps I just understood wrong.  I thought as long as the utilization was 10 or below that was a good thing.  I didn't know the number of accounts that had balances was a factor in your score.Smiley Embarassed

Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JusdoNit wrote:

No, Aaoa is still increasing.  Perhaps I just understood wrong.  I thought as long as the utilization was 10 or below that was a good thing.  I didn't know the number of accounts that had balances was a factor in your score.Smiley Embarassed

Among some of the things that are scored are:

Amounts Owed

• Amount owing on accounts
  • Amount owing on specific types of accounts
  • Lack of a specific type of balance, in some cases
  • Number of accounts with balances
  • Proportion of credit lines used (proportion of balances to total credit limits on certain types of revolving accounts)
  • Proportion of installment loan amounts still owing (proportion of balance to original loan amount on certain types of installment loans)

You can find more information here talking about What's In Your Score?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Thanks for the help everyone

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.