Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused on MYFICO score update

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused on MYFICO score update

On 3/6 I had an alert from MYFICO app that there was a balance change on my TU. It was a 664 with a balance of $2990. On 3/7 I had a free quarterly report with my MYFICO membership so I done it. Score was still the same on the report 664 with a balance. Well I had paid off a few things in full and some lines deleted about 2 weeks ago and it has been updating on my reports the past few days. So also yesterday 3/7 I got an alert AFTER pulling my report that my TU had went up 25 points to a 689 because of balance change to $0 from the $2990 which made it the 689. Excitedly I logged into my MYFICO app and looked at my alerts. There it was 25pt increase and 689 score. But however on my dashboard my TU score was the same as before 664 and actually had the 25 point drop symbol next to it which was keeping it the same score as before. Unsure of what happened so I called MYFICO and the CS kept telling me something about it was because I just pulled another report and all data collected was redone and that the 664 was my correct score, how can that be being my TU score was a 664 on 3/6 with a balance and before I ever even pulled the new report? Now I get a update alert on TU of a 25pt increase for paying down to a $0 balance but now I lost the 25pts for paying it off to a $0 balance they are telling me.  Makes no sense and thats what they keep telling me. I do not understand their logic by any means. Clear as day the TU point increase in my alerts was because of  paid off balances is why I got the 25 point increase So why would it drop back down to what it was prior to the balance changes? Any insight here?? I may be over thinking this but Im lost here.IMG_0715.PNGIMG_0716.PNGIMG_0717.PNG

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused on MYFICO score update

Anybody input greatly appreciated as I will be calling them back tomorrow to further discuss this because I do not believe this is accurate. They say the formula to the scoring is computer automated done. I am thinking it may have messed up. Another concern is I never got a alert update for the 25 deduction. I always get a alert update for ANYTHING that happens. I only got a alert for the 25pt increase. Makes me wonder. 

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anybody input greatly appreciated as I will be calling them back tomorrow to further discuss this because I do not believe this is accurate. They say the formula to the scoring is computer automated done. I am thinking it may have messed up. Another concern is I never got a alert update for the 25 deduction. I always get a alert update for ANYTHING that happens. I only got a alert for the 25pt increase. Makes me wonder. 

1. Generally speaking, having all revolving accounts reporting zero causes a drop in FICO 8, not an increase.

2. The contents of the alert, and the score change noted in the alert, are not necessarily related to each other.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that. I still have a small balance reporting on 1. Probably around 7%. My thought process behind this though is before I pulled the new report it was 664 with a balance. I pulled the new report it was still a 664 with the balance showing on the report. After the new report was pulled TU then updated a $0 balance which gave me the 25pt increase to 689 and now they are saying that the new credit report is what made it go back down to the 664? But the report was showing the 664 with a balance already and score of 664. I got the increase afterwards because it went from showing a balance to now updating alert a $0 balance. Hard to explain so hopefully that makes sense. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.