Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused?!?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused?!?!?!

On Friday of last week, I went to try and get a mobile home/land package.  Well when they pulled my credit, my score had dropped down to EQ- 544...needless to say I didn't apply for the loan.   Afterward, I came home, pulled up freecreditreport.com scores and this is what I got..   TU- 668, EX- 702  EQ- 580.     I'm clueless on this.  Anyway yesterday I called Equifax about my scores with them and upon checking score with them as of then my score had dropped even further to 476!   Just over the weekend and I hadn't done anything regarding credit, etc.   So I asked the lady at Equifax about it and she said the disputes I have on there would be exempted from the report while they are under investigation.  Also, that while the investigation is going on, my score would continue to drop.  Am I getting the short end of the stick or something?  My scores were 629 avg in November 2010.  Please help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Confused?!?!?!

freecreditreport.com does not provide accurate FICO scores.  equifax CAN provide an accurate FICO score, but they also sell their own "FAKO" scores which are not the same thing.  depending on what score they gave you, you may still not have an accurate FICO score, aside from what the lender gave you.  did you try pulling your scores from this website?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I already got their $16.95 score thing from Equifax and they are significantly lower than freecreditreport's version.  Is there a way to get a straight answer??  lol  So the scores here are as accurate as what the lender might would pull?  BTW, on Friday when the folks said my score was 544, there were only 3 negative things which had already been taken care of.  Should I brush off the 476 score that I got from EQ after I paid the $16.95 for their "monitoring".

Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Unfortunately I already got their $16.95 score thing from Equifax and they are significantly lower than freecreditreport's version.  Is there a way to get a straight answer??  lol  So the scores here are as accurate as what the lender might would pull?  BTW, on Friday when the folks said my score was 544, there were only 3 negative things which had already been taken care of.  Should I brush off the 476 score that I got from EQ after I paid the $16.95 for their "monitoring".

Hello there.

It's frustrating to all of us that EQ is making it harder all the time to buy an actual EQ FICO score from their site. Their "Score Watch"  monitoring product is the same thing as you can purchase here at myFICO. If that's what you bought then you should be ok.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com but that site seems to be having problems lately. And as already has been stated at www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

And my biggest problem is how when the folks at the mobile home lot pulled the EQ score and it was 544 on Friday and I checked it on the EQ website after I paid the $16.95 to find out according to them it's 476.   That doesn't make alot of sense to me.   Just in 3 days time it dropped that quickly.  I wonder did it truly drop or if that's just their "FAKO" score.   

Message 5 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

And my biggest problem is how when the folks at the mobile home lot pulled the EQ score and it was 544 on Friday and I checked it on the EQ website after I paid the $16.95 to find out according to them it's 476.   That doesn't make alot of sense to me.   Just in 3 days time it dropped that quickly.  I wonder did it truly drop or if that's just their "FAKO" score.   

This may or may not be the proprietary (non-FICO) score that EQ has rolled out recently. When you signed up for this product if the trademarked word "FICO" was not shown anywhere then you paid for something that will give you accurate reports but not accurate scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, EQ score came up to 514 now...that' was just them updating 1 of the 3 things that was on there.  I have everything else on there under negative and collections already paid and should I call the people holding the accounts and have them hustle up with updating or just wait around for the dispute to follow through?  Should I call EQ and tell them they are paid in full?

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will sign up with this site and get my scores in a couple of weeks.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well guys I did it!  I ordered my FICO score for EQ and wow!   EQ website was showing me up to 547 (mind you it was 476 less than 2weeks ago) and on here at myFICO my EQ score is 598.   YAY!   A little more than 20pts to go before we're at our minimum.  The lender had my EQ at 544 just under 2weeks ago. There's still another thing or two we're waiting to be updated...major thing being reported that a loan is now paid off where as it shows we still owe a balance of like $300 something but we paid it off in Feb.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.