Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing inquiries key factor

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confusing inquiries key factor

Hi, would someone explain what this means?

Inquiries did impact the credit score and, for models that indicate it, no derogatory info was found in the file.

There are key factors that specifically mention a derogatory public record and number of accounts with delinquency, so the Inquiries statement seems to contradict the other key factors.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confusing inquiries key factor

Welcome to the forums!

Where did you see these particular listings?  Typically while one has to take them with a grain of salt, the "reasons your score isn't higher" aren't typically that confusing admittedly. 

In this case, if you have derogatories and a number of inquiries, both are negative (most derogatories are weighted much heavier than inquiry penalties) and that is the take away on it.

        
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Revelate,

They're key factors on a credit report. I'm specifically asking about the wording of this key factor "Inquiries did impact the credit score and, for models that indicate it, no derogatory info was found in the file." I understand the part about inquiries impacting the credit score, but there's derogatory information so the part about "for models that indicate it, no derogatory info was found in the file." seeming to contradict that.

Thanks,

Joe

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Revelate,

They're key factors on a credit report. I'm specifically asking about the wording of this key factor "Inquiries did impact the credit score and, for models that indicate it, no derogatory info was found in the file." I understand the part about inquiries impacting the credit score, but there's derogatory information so the part about "for models that indicate it, no derogatory info was found in the file." seeming to contradict that.

Thanks,

Joe

Yeah, I probably didn't address it well.  TL;DR, ignore it.

The reason codes as near as I can tell get calculated independently from one another with a simple sort after the fact, and regarding the confusing inquiry key factor I'm not entirely certain what they're getting at either unless they're looking for fraud markers which is rather doubtful, but it's not worth worrying about.  Sadly the key factors aren't tailored very specifically for a whole lot of reasons, and depending where you are on the credit spectrum can be so generic as to be absurd.  

This one appears absurd for another reason: apparently contradictory information, and that happens too with some of the other pairings; it's all written by lawyers so as to not get sued and as such, is somewhat limited value in the first place, but in this case, taken with a grain of salt too.  You know the derogatory information is there, and that's the important thing to focus on and see if it can be cleaned up.

        
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks Revelate!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.