Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion Over Different Equifax Models

tag
jones2929
Established Member

Confusion Over Different Equifax Models

I've tried to figure this out by going through the messages, but I'm not sure what is accurate.  Back when I last checked my score (fall 2013), my Equifax score here on MyFico was the same as the one pulled by my mortgage broker.  They pulled Beacon 5.0.  

Now, I have an Equifax score from MyFico, and another one from the Equifax website.  Is the one from the Equifax website Beacon 5.0?  And the one here is Fico 08?  And lenders pull from both models?

Also, does anyone know if the TransUnion and Experian scores listed on the Equifax website are accurate, or generally FAKO?  

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confusion Over Different Equifax Models

@jones2929 wrote:

I've tried to figure this out by going through the messages, but I'm not sure what is accurate.  Back when I last checked my score (fall 2013), my Equifax score here on MyFico was the same as the one pulled by my mortgage broker.  They pulled Beacon 5.0.  

Now, I have an Equifax score from MyFico, and another one from the Equifax website.  Is the one from the Equifax website Beacon 5.0?  And the one here is Fico 08?  And lenders pull from both models?

Also, does anyone know if the TransUnion and Experian scores listed on the Equifax website are accurate, or generally FAKO?  

Thanks in advance.

Equifax Scorepower is Beacon 5.0; they have another product which is a FAKO.

MyFICO Equifax is Beacon 9.0, this isn't used on the overwhelming number of mortgages if not all of them.

Experian scores are FAKO's across the board, I believe TU's are as well but if I'm wrong someone will correct me.

        
Message 2 of 4
jones2929
Established Member

Great, thanks.  The Equifax "ScorePower" score seems more realistic to me than the "Complete Advantage" score, which I think is another FAKO.

Do you know what the Discover Card TransUnion score is based upon?  Is it TU 04?  I have a Discover Card and have gotten that score monthly.

So, to sum up, ScorePower Equifax is EQ 04, MyFICO Equifax is EQ 08, Discover TransUnion is TU 04, and MyFICO Transunion is TU 98?

And what is the Experian score here based on?  Is there a place to get a reliable Experian?

Sorry for all the questions - I appreciate any help.  Thanks so much.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Discover (and Walmart / Barclays) are TU '08 actually.

myFICO is EX '08.

The myFICO TU is indeed '98, but FICO is in process of seeing about upgrading that to a newer version.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.