Regular Contributor
shawnette

Confusion about "FICO" scores.

Ok, I am confused.  I just read in one of the sticky threads that you can get a true TU FICO from transunioncs.com, but that site sends you to Truecredit.com.  I'm already a member at Truecredit and they are reporting my TU FICO as 629.  Is this a true FICO or is this a FAKO?  If it's a FAKO, why do they report FAKOS's on their own system?  I'm sooo confused!!

The reason I ask is because myFICO says my TU score is 602.  Truecredit says it went up to 629 a couple of days ago. (I pulled a myFICO report to verify this and the score had actually dropped 4 points from 606 to 602). 

TIA!!

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: Confusion about "FICO" scores.

Truecredit = FAKO

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}