Frequent Contributor
sankofa

Consolidating

What are the pros/cons to consolidating all my cards into 2 credit cards?    I am to the point that it is okay if my FICO takes a hit for awhile by doing this.  I am not looking to buy a home or a car for a few years now.  I would just like to have 1 or 2 bills a month instead of 6-7!!  :smileysad:

Thanks for any comments. 

Tuscani that "moderator" sign looks good on you!  :smileyhappy:

SandyK
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Consolidating

sankofa wrote:

What are the pros/cons to consolidating all my cards into 2 credit cards?    I am to the point that it is okay if my FICO takes a hit for awhile by doing this.  I am not looking to buy a home or a car for a few years now.  I would just like to have 1 or 2 bills a month instead of 6-7!!  :smileysad:

Thanks for any comments. 

Tuscani that "moderator" sign looks good on you!  :smileyhappy:

SandyK

Thanks!

Consolidation is fine. Now is the time to do it to since you will be buying a home in a few years. Just remember, your score will take an initial hit but should bounce back after a couple of months.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}