Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could my score be updated on a weekend?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could my score be updated on a weekend?

I am trying to purchase a car this weekend and needed a bump up on my credit score. The statement dates on each of the following cards that I've paid off the balance is today- FRIDAY 3/6 (Household Bank, BofA Visa, CitiAmex, and Capital One). When are they likey to report to the bureaus? Could I see an update on the weekend?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Could my score be updated on a weekend?

Doubtful... you could ask the creditors to report out of their normal reporting period. However, they generally won't unless you are buying a home and request a rapid rescore.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a hard time determining when their normal reporting periods are. Is it close to the statement closing date or are they on some other schedule?

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

With the exception of your HSBC, your other cards should be reporting around the same time as your statement. HSBC reports the balance you had on the last biz day of the month and will typically report that within 2 weeks (or whenever they feel like it).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.