Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could use some advice......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could use some advice......

My wife and I are buying a house in June. Her credit scores are (ex:680 eq:696 tu:682), mine are (ex:666 eq:626 tu:624). On my credit report are student loans(all in good standing), one closed cc with no late payments and I'm an authorized user on 2 of my wifes cc's(one with a cl of $28,000and bal. of $20,000 and the other has a $4000 cl and $3600 bal.). Would it help my credit score if my wife removed me as an AU on both, and I opened a cc in my name? Also, she is a doctor who sarts practice in July(already signed contract), would we have any problems getting a no down 30 year fixed for $400,000 with a combined income of $320,000 and the above mentioned credit scores? Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Could use some advice......

How old are the cards you are an AU on? Regardless, I am guessing (because that is all we can really do here) it is hurting your credit to be on those accounts. That UTIL% on those cards is very high, and that will be showing on your credit also.

I will let someone else answer the rest of your mortgage related questions, but I would recommend straightening up both of your credit scores first. It could save you a lot of money in the long run if you can straighten out your scores over the next 12 months.

Message Edited by Moobs on 02-13-2008 02:31 AM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome!

I suggest you post your mortgage question in the Mortgages board.

As for credit score, the previous poster is correct -- your high utility is killing your scores. 
Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with both of the PPs-high util is killing you. Something else to keep in mind is that if you remove yourself as AU, you will take some sort of a hit for credit mix. The best course of action is to get your util down as quickly as possible in order to see score increases on both of your CRs.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.