Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked 800 on TU

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Cracked 800 on TU

Closed car loan still reporting as open so I'll see what it scores once it's listed as closed on TU. Might lose a few points for no open installments. 3 out of 6 accounts reporting balances 2% utilization 1 inquiry a mortgage app. TU 801. 821-850 best course of action. 5 year AAofA oldest account 14y 8 m.Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Re: Cracked 800 on TU

Very nice. Congratulations!

Refreshing to see that one can break through the 800 barrier having as many as three accounts reporting balances.

For TU differences, I have revisited early July TU reports for DW and me.

You at 801: 3 balances, 1 inquiry
DW at 801: 2 balances, 2 inquiries
Me at 802: 1 balance, 3 inquiries

My assumption is one needs to be otherwise squeaky clean. DW had a reported util of 38% on one card, but as an offset her accounts also had the most mature age.

I'm not sure what can be read into all of this, but there is certainly hope for people that have neither no inquiries nor just one balance reporting.

Message 2 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

Very nice. Congratulations!

Refreshing to see that one can break through the 800 barrier having as many as three accounts reporting balances.

For TU differences, I have revisited early July TU reports for DW and me.

You at 801: 3 balances, 1 inquiry
Me at 802: 1 balance, 3 inquiries

My assumption is one needs to be otherwise squeaky clean. DW had a reported util of 38% on one card, but as an offset her accounts also had the most mature age.

I'm not sure what can be read into all of this, but there is certainly hope for people that have neither no inquiries nor just one balance reporting.

Only that everyone's situation is unique and there is no one size fits all approach. There are general recommendations that work very well but each person has to figure out what works best for them. My scores are just fine and the number of CC's with balances, the number of total accounts with balances etc. is always changing. Once you reach a certain point all that doesn't really matter IMO. But that's just me.

Remember that it's a journey not a destination.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

Message 3 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Funny thing is my last pull showed 2 accounts reporting balances with no inquiries 796. If I let 2 cards and my auto loan report 3 accounts in total my score went down to 790. I don't know what has changed in the past few months other than a newish inquiry that would account for 11 points in my favor. 

Message 4 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@smallfry wrote:

Closed car loan still reporting as open so I'll see what it scores once it's listed as closed on TU. Might lose a few points for no open installments. 3 out of 6 accounts reporting balances 2% utilization 1 inquiry a mortgage app. TU 801. 821-850 best course of action. 5 year AAofA oldest account 14y 8 m.Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!! I know you have been waiting to hit 800 for a long time.

Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I forgot to add.

Congratulations!!

Message 6 of 8
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Can add two lines to the first, in case OP is curious.

at 813: 1 balance, 2 inquiries
   at 818: 1 balance, 1 inquiry

Can you match that, fused? Smiley Wink

Soon afterwards we got some more credit cards and a refinance, but chances are we'll be home for Christmas. Smiley Very Happy

I agree by the way it's the journey that counts, not the destination. We're done applying and as such don't even have a destination, maybe except for a year from now when the most recent inquiry falls off.

Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

I forgot to add.

Congratulations!!

Thanks.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.