Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card AAoA & Open Date

tag
Bones
New Contributor

Credit Card AAoA & Open Date

For example, if you opened a CC March 1, 2012, would March 2, 2013 be considered the date the account has been opened for a year?  Looking for FICO scoring pointers because I have a few accounts that were opened 3/1/2012 and 3/20/2012.  I have not seen an increase in FICO or FAKO scores as of yet.  

The only negative on ScoreWatch is the percentage of new accounts opened in the last year in relation to all open accounts, I think that was how it was worded.  I have 14 accounts but 9 opened in the last year.  I had hoped after a few accounts hit the 1 year mark I would see a increase or a change in some way.  Anyone ever noticed what it took to not have that negative indicator on ScoreWatch?  

Perhaps one month needs to be added to the one year mark for the account to change. Isn't EX inquiries that way 25 months?

Thanks..

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Card AAoA & Open Date

Can't speak for SW but every time you get a new card your AAOA will drop the only way to build it up is to garden for a while

EDIT...Example when i last apped my AAOA was 14 months got 2 cards dropped me down to 8 months AAOA

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
Phizzle
New Contributor

Re: Credit Card AAoA & Open Date

Your AAoA will be calculated by the date on the report from the CRA. I think I get what you are asking. The payment history reported in months is not what is used. It's the actual date.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.