New Contributor
Bones

Credit Card AAoA & Open Date

For example, if you opened a CC March 1, 2012, would March 2, 2013 be considered the date the account has been opened for a year?  Looking for FICO scoring pointers because I have a few accounts that were opened 3/1/2012 and 3/20/2012.  I have not seen an increase in FICO or FAKO scores as of yet.  

The only negative on ScoreWatch is the percentage of new accounts opened in the last year in relation to all open accounts, I think that was how it was worded.  I have 14 accounts but 9 opened in the last year.  I had hoped after a few accounts hit the 1 year mark I would see a increase or a change in some way.  Anyone ever noticed what it took to not have that negative indicator on ScoreWatch?  

Perhaps one month needs to be added to the one year mark for the account to change. Isn't EX inquiries that way 25 months?

Thanks..

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Credit Card AAoA & Open Date

[ Edited ]

Can't speak for SW but every time you get a new card your AAOA will drop the only way to build it up is to garden for a while

EDIT...Example when i last apped my AAOA was 14 months got 2 cards dropped me down to 8 months AAOA

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
I will be gardening until a better offer/bonus comes along
Last escape 06/06/13 Bronze 7/6/2013 Silver 9/6/2013 Gold 12/6/2013 Palladium 3/6/14 made it...6/6/14 Plat is all mine
New Contributor
Phizzle

Re: Credit Card AAoA & Open Date

Your AAoA will be calculated by the date on the report from the CRA. I think I get what you are asking. The payment history reported in months is not what is used. It's the actual date.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+