cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit History Not Correct

tag
slugbug

Credit History Not Correct

I hope I'm posting to the right forum; not sure I've ever posted before, but I have a question and I've been trying to find information on it, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.  My credit took a 30 point dive, largely due to purchasing a new car a few months ago. (Haven't had a car payment in years and I was taking a hit for not having an installment loan...darned if I do, darned if I don't...oh, well).  Any way,  I've also noticed that the credit monitoring report says that I have a negative factor of a short credit history of 16 years.  However, I received my first cc 30 years ago.  How can I get that fixed? Is it even possible? I no longer have that cc. Any suggestions? Thoughts? TIA for any help. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit History Not Correct

Unfortunately, FICO only is aware of and can only score trade lines that are currrently of record in your credit file.

Accounts are removed from your file for two basid reasons.

First, the creditor can, at any time, voluntarily delete all of their reporting. Credt reportmg is voluntary, so deletion cannot be prevented.

Second, the CRAs have an internal housecleaning policy of deletion of accounts that have been closed for approx 10 yearss for more.

They do that to free up database space and remove accounts that THEY deem are no longer of interest to their customers.

Accounts that have been closed for 7 years for more have begun to have old derogsd excluded from credit reports, and by 10 years after closure, most if no all prior derogs are excluded.  Thus, they wipe them out.

Clearly, the deletion of old accunts will affect consumer's oldest accounts and reduce their AAoA.

Nothing you can do about it.  Its part of the game.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.