Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Inquries

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Inquries

Here is what FairIsaac is currently posting in their Credit Information Center:
What to know about "rate shopping." Looking for a mortgage or an auto loan may cause multiple lenders to request your credit report, even though youre only looking for one loan. To compensate for this, the score ignores all mortgage and auto inquiries made in the 30 days prior to scoring. So if you find a loan within 30 days, the inquiries won't affect your score while you're rate shopping. In addition, the score looks on your credit report for auto or mortgage inquiries older than 30 days. If it finds some, it counts all those inquiries that fall in a typical shopping period as just one inquiry when determining your score. For FICO scores calculated from older versions of the scoring formula, this shopping period is any 14 day span. For FICO scores calculated from the newest versions of the scoring formula, this shopping period is any 45 day span. Each lender chooses which version of the FICO scoring formula it wants the credit reporting agency to use to calculate your FICO score.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it is possible that if my mortgage company pulls my credit the will see a different score than I got via ScoreWatch?

Do you know what method FactualData uses?  That's who has performed the majority of pulls for my mortgage (for different companies).
Message 12 of 13
spillmar

In response to a prior reporting, on a call today with Equifax, I confirmed you can now report a dispute online without a credit report identifier. THanks for everyone sharing their knowledge. I feel I have company in my quest to improve my credit scores. Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.