cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma?? 144 point drop for Equifax?? what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma?? 144 point drop for Equifax?? what?

Ok so I have learned a lot from this site. One of the things I've learned is not to take Credit Karma seriously.

I just don't understand how my score could have dropped 144 points???? In a week!

My score has been on the up and up

566 to 589 to 603 to 620 to 476??

Nothing has changed on my report. Everything is exactly the same except my balances decreased on my credit cards. (Paid them down to under 30%) Which actually boosted my Transunion from 592 to 606. But my Equifax drops from 620 to 476? Laughable.

Any reason for this that anyone can think of?

I'm about to pull my equifax FICO to make sure. I just have never heard of a 25% drop for no reason. No new inquiries, accounts, debt, nothing.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma?? 144 point drop for Equifax?? what?

I would pull your score and get a full report personally. Find out what's really going on.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be a CK issue? I just logged in and also have a 80+ drop on EQ, with nothing having changed. Still everything fine with TU.

Probably just another reason why CK is good to check your reports, but to ignore their phoney scores...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did that to be safe. Pulled my equifax through MYfico. 

Score for Fico8 hasn't moved. Still at 553 even with the updated balances. Checked the "additional scores" to see if any others were affected. In fact all other scores from Fico 2,3,5,9 etc for auto, cards, lending (older models) all showed increases of 10-15 points.

I definitely feel better about it. Maybe it's a glitch in CK? 

I don't take the scores seriously but I do monitor it for reporting and improvements.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing that would drop a score that much is the introduction of negative information.  I would think that CK was somehow factoring in a new negative item somewhere... regardless of whether or not it's on your "real" credit report.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.