Contributor

Credit Karma is a joke

If it weren't for the free credit monitoring portion of it, I would probably never use their site. Their FAKO algorithm is horrible. It always shows a good 30+ point gap between their score and any legitimate score. I have 1 inquiry on my TU from October 2013 and I added another inquiry last night and it gave me a nice score drop in each of their different categories. They even dropped my score when an inquiry that was well over a year old showed a slight company name change.

My Fico EQ: 749
My Fico TU: 754
My Fico EX: 753

Goal: 800
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Karma is a joke

A_Noob wrote:

If it weren't for the free credit monitoring portion of it, I would probably never use their site. Their FAKO algorithm is horrible. It always shows a good 30+ point gap between their score and any legitimate score. I have 1 inquiry on my TU from October 2013 and I added another inquiry last night and it gave me a nice score drop in each of their different categories. They even dropped my score when an inquiry that was well over a year old showed a slight company name change.

Well it is an fako , and yeah its only real use is for credit monitoring. It does that job adequetly. My CK fako and TU08 differ an lot more than yours :-). Its an 60 points different lol. 

When walmart changed names was kind of weird i had an HP then the HP was deleted. Maybe that is what will happen with you?

EX Fico 774 3/3/15 Fako 808 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 3/24/15 819 CK fako 807 2/7/15
TU Fico Barclay's 3/26/15 791 TU fico walmart 3/23/2015 788 Fako 808 Creditkarma 3/23/15
Contributor

mongstradamus wrote:

A_Noob wrote:

Well it is an fako , and yeah its only real use is for credit monitoring. It does that job adequetly. My CK fako and TU08 differ an lot more than yours :-). Its an 60 points different lol. 

When walmart changed names was kind of weird i had an HP then the HP was deleted. Maybe that is what will happen with you?

That does look like what happened but it still caused my score with them to drop a few points and not come back.

Super Contributor

A_Noob wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

A_Noob wrote:

That does look like what happened but it still caused my score with them to drop a few points and not come back.

I am not sure, if you want to be sure nothing happened. You can compare and see if any of your TU08 scores fluctuated ? I just wouldn't take CK too seriously score wise. 

EX Fico 774 3/3/15 Fako 808 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW bank enhanced 3/24/15 819 CK fako 807 2/7/15
TU Fico Barclay's 3/26/15 791 TU fico walmart 3/23/2015 788 Fako 808 Creditkarma 3/23/15
Contributor

That was last week and it looks like my TU score has substantially improved since my last pull. It was 692 the last time I checked on here (which I think was before the TU update here) and BofA did a HP yesterday for a secured card graduation and CLI and it was 720, although I'm not sure which TU model they used.

Moderator Emeritus

Free credit monitoring doesn't suck.  Not even close.

Any service is going to have deficiencies, and the scores are free so *shrug*; the ones I really hate are the paid services which still give you an educational / FAKO score, now that's no bueno in my book.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor

Revelate wrote:

Any service is going to have deficiencies, and the scores are free so *shrug*; the ones I really hate are the paid services which still give you an educational / FAKO score, now that's no bueno in my book.

Their credit monitoring is great; Their scoring model, not so much. I know what you mean about the paid service FAKO. I got fooled by Equifax once by purchasing their "Credit Score" instead of the "FICO Score" because just purchasing the FICO Score does not show up as an option on their mobile page and I was none the wiser.

Valued Contributor

Revelate wrote:

+1  !!!!

Oct 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2015: EXP08: 722; EQ08: 730; TU08: 735; EQ04: 724
In My Wallet: Discover $13.2K; Cap1 $8.4K; Amex Optima $15.5K; Amex Everyday $12K; Barclay $7K; Citi (AT&T Uni) $6.3K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total CL: $78.5K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. 2015 Goal: GARDEN the entire year!!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.