Reply
Contributor
A_Noob
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎03-25-2014
0

Credit Karma is a joke

If it weren't for the free credit monitoring portion of it, I would probably never use their site. Their FAKO algorithm is horrible. It always shows a good 30+ point gap between their score and any legitimate score. I have 1 inquiry on my TU from October 2013 and I added another inquiry last night and it gave me a nice score drop in each of their different categories. They even dropped my score when an inquiry that was well over a year old showed a slight company name change.

My Fico EQ: 738 (10/20/14)
My Fico TU: 737 (10/20/14)
My Fico EX: 734 (10/20/14)

Goal: 800
Super Contributor
mongstradamus
Posts: 6,658
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Credit Karma is a joke


A_Noob wrote:

If it weren't for the free credit monitoring portion of it, I would probably never use their site. Their FAKO algorithm is horrible. It always shows a good 30+ point gap between their score and any legitimate score. I have 1 inquiry on my TU from October 2013 and I added another inquiry last night and it gave me a nice score drop in each of their different categories. They even dropped my score when an inquiry that was well over a year old showed a slight company name change.


Well it is an fako , and yeah its only real use is for credit monitoring. It does that job adequetly. My CK fako and TU08 differ an lot more than yours :-). Its an 60 points different lol. 

 

When walmart changed names was kind of weird i had an HP then the HP was deleted. Maybe that is what will happen with you?


EX Fico 797(amex fico) 9/25/14 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 10/22/14
EQ SW 822 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 815 Fako 785 Creditkarma 10/10/2014
Contributor
A_Noob
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎03-25-2014
0

Re: Credit Karma is a joke


mongstradamus wrote:

A_Noob wrote:

If it weren't for the free credit monitoring portion of it, I would probably never use their site. Their FAKO algorithm is horrible. It always shows a good 30+ point gap between their score and any legitimate score. I have 1 inquiry on my TU from October 2013 and I added another inquiry last night and it gave me a nice score drop in each of their different categories. They even dropped my score when an inquiry that was well over a year old showed a slight company name change.


Well it is an fako , and yeah its only real use is for credit monitoring. It does that job adequetly. My CK fako and TU08 differ an lot more than yours :-). Its an 60 points different lol. 

 

When walmart changed names was kind of weird i had an HP then the HP was deleted. Maybe that is what will happen with you?


That does look like what happened but it still caused my score with them to drop a few points and not come back.

My Fico EQ: 738 (10/20/14)
My Fico TU: 737 (10/20/14)
My Fico EX: 734 (10/20/14)

Goal: 800
Super Contributor
mongstradamus
Posts: 6,658
Registered: ‎06-19-2013
0

Re: Credit Karma is a joke


A_Noob wrote:

mongstradamus wrote:

A_Noob wrote:

If it weren't for the free credit monitoring portion of it, I would probably never use their site. Their FAKO algorithm is horrible. It always shows a good 30+ point gap between their score and any legitimate score. I have 1 inquiry on my TU from October 2013 and I added another inquiry last night and it gave me a nice score drop in each of their different categories. They even dropped my score when an inquiry that was well over a year old showed a slight company name change.


Well it is an fako , and yeah its only real use is for credit monitoring. It does that job adequetly. My CK fako and TU08 differ an lot more than yours :-). Its an 60 points different lol. 

 

When walmart changed names was kind of weird i had an HP then the HP was deleted. Maybe that is what will happen with you?


That does look like what happened but it still caused my score with them to drop a few points and not come back.


I am not sure, if you want to be sure nothing happened. You can compare and see if any of your TU08 scores fluctuated ? I just wouldn't take CK too seriously score wise. 


EX Fico 797(amex fico) 9/25/14 Fako 806 CS/Credit.com 10/22/14
EQ SW 822 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 815 Fako 785 Creditkarma 10/10/2014
Contributor
A_Noob
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎03-25-2014
0

Re: Credit Karma is a joke

That was last week and it looks like my TU score has substantially improved since my last pull. It was 692 the last time I checked on here (which I think was before the TU update here) and BofA did a HP yesterday for a secured card graduation and CLI and it was 720, although I'm not sure which TU model they used.

My Fico EQ: 738 (10/20/14)
My Fico TU: 737 (10/20/14)
My Fico EX: 734 (10/20/14)

Goal: 800
Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,544
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Credit Karma is a joke

Free credit monitoring doesn't suck.  Not even close.

 

Any service is going to have deficiencies, and the scores are free so *shrug*; the ones I really hate are the paid services which still give you an educational / FAKO score, now that's no bueno in my book.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
A_Noob
Posts: 86
Registered: ‎03-25-2014
0

Re: Credit Karma is a joke


Revelate wrote:

Free credit monitoring doesn't suck.  Not even close.

 

Any service is going to have deficiencies, and the scores are free so *shrug*; the ones I really hate are the paid services which still give you an educational / FAKO score, now that's no bueno in my book.

 


Their credit monitoring is great; Their scoring model, not so much. I know what you mean about the paid service FAKO. I got fooled by Equifax once by purchasing their "Credit Score" instead of the "FICO Score" because just purchasing the FICO Score does not show up as an option on their mobile page and I was none the wiser.

My Fico EQ: 738 (10/20/14)
My Fico TU: 737 (10/20/14)
My Fico EX: 734 (10/20/14)

Goal: 800
Established Contributor
EW800
Posts: 708
Registered: ‎06-01-2008
0

Re: Credit Karma is a joke


Revelate wrote:

Free credit monitoring doesn't suck.  Not even close.

 

Any service is going to have deficiencies, and the scores are free so *shrug*; the ones I really hate are the paid services which still give you an educational / FAKO score, now that's no bueno in my book.

 


+1  !!!!

 

Oct 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
Oct 2014: EXP08: 717; EQ08: 728; TU08: 731; EQ04: 691
GOAL: FICO 08 Models 725+; FICO 04 Model to 700+

In My Wallet -- Discover $11.7K; Cap1 $8.4K; Amex $9.9K; Barclay $7K; Citibank $4.9K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K
My UTIL: Less than 1%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}