Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma is junk.

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma is junk.

it really comes to their lumping me in the fair or good bucket when authentic FICO scores place me in the excellent bucket. In that regard, true credit and credit karma are worthless. I usually hesitate buying FICOs for fear of some letdown but in this case its the FAKOs that are the disappointment.
Message 11 of 24
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
it really comes to their lumping me in the fair or good bucket when authentic FICO scores place me in the excellent bucket. In that regard, true credit and credit karma are worthless. I usually hesitate buying FICOs for fear of some letdown but in this case its the FAKOs that are the disappointment.

If you try to use one credit score to predict another you will be disappointed.  They are different.  All CK can do is tell you (for free) some info about what is reported  but the scores it produces are completely independent of FICO.  Heck differnt FICO scores will not be trhe same whay should non FICO scores be used as anything more thana VERY crude indicator of FICO?

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@geronimo2008 wrote:

If you try to use one credit score to predict another you will be disappointed.  They are different.  All CK can do is tell you (for free) some info about what is reported  but the scores it produces are completely independent of FICO.  Heck differnt FICO scores will not be trhe same whay should non FICO scores be used as anything more thana VERY crude indicator of FICO?

Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately, they can not even do that!  There is no correlation - if there were at least some, then they could possibly be a VERY crude indicator. 

Different algorithms = no correlation.  

Sometimes they are close, and sometime they are not.

Sometimes they are a little high or low.

Sometimes they are a lot high or low.

Message 13 of 24
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

I think you miss my point but we both seem to agree that no one should buy something other than a FICO score and expect it to be an accurate predictor of FICO scores.

Message 14 of 24
Tmac7631
New Contributor

I had been using credit karma for a few months. I just recently checked my actual FICO scores and there is about a 50 to 60 point difference between them. My FICO score are lower than those fake FAKO scores they had given me. I do not trust credit karma anymore after seeing my actual FICO scores here.

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, after getting a 629 Credit Karma score, I was very surprised to learn that my Tu classic 04 fico score was 647!!! Yeah me!!!

Message 16 of 24
android01
Valued Contributor

My CK score is 759.  My FICO TU score is 790, go figure.  Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 17 of 24
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

My CK score is 759.  My FICO TU score is 790, go figure.  Smiley Very Happy

Exactly the point I'm trying to make! 698 CK score but a FICO TU score is 764! That's quite a disparity...

Message 18 of 24
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, after getting a 629 Credit Karma score, I was very surprised to learn that my Tu classic 04 fico score was 647!!! Yeah me!!!

Cheers for the suprise!

Message 19 of 24
ficofox
Regular Contributor

I too thought CK was giving me a pretty good idea of my score, but finally pulled the myFico EQ and TU scores and they were each about 50 points higher than CreditKarma.  I was pretty shocked because CK had me in the 'Poor' category and EQ and TU have me at 'Good'. It's worth it to pay for the "real" score. Also, CK said I had 11 inquires and I actually only have 3.  CK must be counting softs in there.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.