Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma is junk.

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma is junk.

@ficofox wrote:

Also, CK said I had 11 inquires and I actually only have 3.  CK must be counting softs in there.

I know that CK offers a TransRisk score and a Vantage, but both, I believe, factor in inquiries up to 2 years. FICO ignores inquiries beyond one year which could explain the difference.

Message 21 of 24
cashcardscore
New Contributor

Credit Karam is a FAKO score just like all of the other NON FICO BOUGHT SCORES. My CK is actually close to my fico.

TU FICO: 785*

TU CK: 764

EQ FICO: 759

Take Credit Karma for what it is worth. Dont base any financial decision on it though!

Starting Score: EQ 577
Current Score: EQ 686
Goal Score:EQ 700

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum, and feel equally duped. I was under the assumption that FreeCreditScore.com could at least give me a fair gage of my scores, even though I was aware they were a FAKO score site. I assumed "how different can this score really be? they're using the same credit report to generate a score". Well, long story short, they determined my score to be about 40 points higher than it actually is. That, in my case, makes the difference between being approved for unsecured credit cards, a home loan, and so forth. Seeing that my real FICO score is 613 was crushing. At least I'm taking the right steps toward improving my credit.

Message 23 of 24
MrShush
Valued Contributor

That really is disappointing--a big let down. Keep up the work and you'll get there. Time is all it takes.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.