Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma new system is giving me a heart attack

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Credit Karma new system is giving me a heart attack

I logged in today and it said "Two new inquiries" but then after my stomach dropped, I saw it said "SAMPLE".  BUT it lists 5 inquiries.  My TU here at MYFICO that I got on 7/2/11 says 4.  I would have gotten an alert from SW if I had a new inquiry I'm assuming?  I put DH as AU on JCP and CareCredit yesterday.  They both swore up and down they wouldn't be pulling my credit to do this. 

Do I need to buy a new TU report from here, or would SW have told me about the new inquiry?  Of Course CK won't tell you who the inquiries are from or even the dates.  My score was the same.  I know to ignore the CK score, but the info??  WTH?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma new system is giving me a heart attack

@Booner72 wrote:

I logged in today and it said "Two new inquiries" but then after my stomach dropped, I saw it said "SAMPLE".  BUT it lists 5 inquiries.  My TU here at MYFICO that I got on 7/2/11 says 4.  I would have gotten an alert from SW if I had a new inquiry I'm assuming?  I put DH as AU on JCP and CareCredit yesterday.  They both swore up and down they wouldn't be pulling my credit to do this. 

Do I need to buy a new TU report from here, or would SW have told me about the new inquiry?  Of Course CK won't tell you who the inquiries are from or even the dates.  My score was the same.  I know to ignore the CK score, but the info??  WTH?

You wouldn't get an alert on SW if a new inquiry appeared on TU. SW only monitors EQ. BTW, the inquiry difference could be due to the age of the inquiries or duplication of the inquiries if mortgage or auto. Your TU FICO report only shows and scores inquiries from the past year. CreditKarma shows and scores TU inquiries for the past 2 yrs.

You wouldn't need to pull a TU FICO unless you want to know the score. If worried about inquiries on TU, you can always pull your TU report from elsewhere to see that difference or to see if inquiries were added.

Message 2 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Great idea.  thanks

UPDATE:  I just opened a truecredit account and the inquiries are old and I already knew about them.  Does anyone know if I get a new report every day from them?  I have the 7 day free trial for now.  I know this is the wrong section for this post.  Sorry.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

1x per month I believe, unless they changed it.

Message 4 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

One thing TrueCredit shows is the actual date (day/month) that the payment posted for each account.  This is extremely helpful IMO.

Say, though, how does this fico scoring work in terms of paying down utility?  Say one hits, then another but 2 are still the same balance?  Would that score be different from the time all 4 report with zero balances except one?  So you really couldn't know the true effect of your score boost (if you get one) until the day that all of your utility accounts report - because that way you get the score increase from overall utility?  This is one complicated mess.

Message 5 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

You can do free daily pulls of your TU report on Truecredit.  You get one free Three Bureau report per month.  You can purchase additional 3 Bureau reports for $9.95 throughout the month if you wanted/needed to.  And if a new inquiry would hit your TU report, Truecredit would alert you.  It also alerts you for the other bureaus as well. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 6 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

O wow, Kim - thanks!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.