cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score 100 point lower than FICO score

tag
brittaries

Credit Score 100 point lower than FICO score

I checked my credit score through Equifax. My Tranunion was a 564, my Equifax was 550 and my Experian was a 537. However my FICO score is a 637. Can someone tell me why this is?

Why is there such a big difference? Is it possible for either score to be wrong even though I went through Equifax for my true raw credit scores for each bureau.

Someone please help and please explain.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit Score 100 point lower than FICO score

Your FICO is the score that matters.  The others are not FICO scores, they are FAKO scores.  There is no correlation between the two.

Message 2 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Since you are new here, and likely, new to the whole credit topic...I'd like to suggest you read this link.  This is a compilation of some of the best information and advice you will find anywhere.

I used it myself many years ago.... http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Your-Guide-to-Credit-Scoring/m-p/718550

That link is under this one....which also has some great links for specific topics & situations.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/19320

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
brittaries

Thank you for responding. I was just curious as to why Equifax would give me a FAKO score and not just the real score.

Message 4 of 7
brittaries

Thank you the second link was very helpful!

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@brittaries wrote:

Thank you for responding. I was just curious as to why Equifax would give me a FAKO score and not just the real score.

Because they sell their own score too.  It can be hard to find but there is a FICO score on their site.

I should have welcomed you to the forums with my first post.  Sorry but belated welcome!

You can read through the links in my signature.  Lots of helpful information.

Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@brittaries wrote:

Because everytime someone uses a FICO score, $$$ has to be paid back to FICO. Equifax.com does offer a FICO score but it's mostly hidden and isn't promoted too well. Equifax created their own score so that they won't have to pay anything back to FICO each time a report is pulled. They can charge full price and most consumers don't even know what they are buying. None of the three scores you pulled are FICO scores and lenders don't use it. The specific score they use is called an "Equifax Credit Score" and should be ignored...however the report data is good.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.