Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score 999 or blank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score 999 or blank?

Applying for a mortgage and a couple of lenders have stated that my equifax score was posting as a 999 or coming back a blank or 0.  It also had one account showing past due and in collections for 6K (a student loan).   When I pulled myfico itself via this site, my score was a 736 and the account in question was posted as 0 balance and paid in full (as it should be). 

I believe the banks used LandSafe or Info1-Ga to pull the error-filled report.  What gives?  I printed out this myfico report and took it to my consultant and she believed it would ease the situation.  How accurate is myfico suppose to be? What is a 999 or 0 score?

Message Edited by jrhende2 on 05-15-2007 07:29 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Score 999 or blank?

@Anonymous wrote:
Applying for a mortgage and a couple of lenders have stated that my equifax score was posting as a 999 or coming back a blank or 0. It also had one account showing past due and in collections for 6K (a student loan). When I pulled myfico itself via this site, my score was a 736 and the account in question was posted as 0 balance and paid in full (as it should be).
I believe the banks used LandSafe or Info1-Ga to pull the error-filled report. What gives? I printed out this myfico report and took it to my consultant and she believed it would ease the situation. How accurate is myfico suppose to be? What is a 999 or 0 score?

Message Edited by jrhende2 on 05-15-2007 07:29 PM

For $60 bucks get all your reports from here and also the reports from each individual lender. Do it in front of them if they insist so its fresh. they are going to pull a slightly different FICO score for you anyway but its better than going in there with a 0 or an impossible 999.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did pull my equifax from myfico (updated score at the time of pull) right there on the lender's computer and it showed a 736 with the account being paid in full.  The mortgage couselor printed the myfico results and was going to send it in for a credit rescore/update, but I'm just wondering how an equifax can post as a 999 or blank?

The TU and Experian scores were virtually identical to the scores I received from MyFico.

Message Edited by jrhende2 on 05-15-2007 07:52 PM
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Weird.. FICO scores are 300-850 only. I was always thinking maybe your Vantage score was used.. be the highest number for Vantage is 950.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

To clear up any confusion, they considered it a blank score and not a great score.  Just didn't consider it as a valid score.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a Mortgage Broker and pull credit everyday. If you get an error such as 999 or 0 it usually means that there was a typo in the exact name that the Bank used to pull your credit such as a suffix (Jr. Sr. I II or III) or miss matched address or incorrect DOB. It happens
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some bureau error codes.
***Unauthorized link removed***

EX has a 999 Unknown Error. EQ doesn't list one, but that's likely what it is.

Noah Bodie,
The posting of the above link infringes on the copyright of the owner and violates our Terms of Service.  Please review our User Guidelines and Terms of Service for what's permissable.

Thanks,
-Barry

Message Edited by Barry on 05-17-2007 06:30 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah Bodie,
The posting of the above link infringes on the copyright of the owner and violates our Terms of Service.  Please review our User Guidelines and Terms of Service for what's permissable.

Thanks,
-Barry

Barry,

How exactly can the posting of a URL violate copyright? The information contained within, sure, but the link itself ain't copyrighted.

Noah,
Good point, but I felt it was inappropriate nonetheless and would remove it again.

-Barry

Message Edited by Barry on 06-13-2007 05:13 PM
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.