Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Decrease--lower Util/amount owed

tag
WoodlandFlora
Established Member

Credit Score Decrease--lower Util/amount owed

I am working hard to pay down a credit card and I've stopped using it for a couple months now. In Feb my EQ score was 746, March was 755, and now it is 752.

Not only did I pay above my minimum due, I paid extra and yet my score decreases and the minimum due for this month increased.

I have no lates, no negatives, zero baddies and yet my score drops.

Why would this happen? I'm very confused why the minimum payment increased and my scored dropped since I've paid extra and before the due date every time.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score Decrease--lower Util/amount owed

@WoodlandFlora wrote:
I am working hard to pay down a credit card and I've stopped using it for a couple months now. In Feb my EQ score was 746, March was 755, and now it is 752.

Not only did I pay above my minimum due, I paid extra and yet my score decreases and the minimum due for this month increased.

I have no lates, no negatives, zero baddies and yet my score drops.

Why would this happen? I'm very confused why the minimum payment increased and my scored dropped since I've paid extra and before the due date every time.

Likely something else small changed, TBH a 3 point swing is nothing to worry about.  FICO doesn't care how much you pay, it's just calculates on reported balances.  Not every change is tracked with even EQ's monitoring solution which is the best of the bunch, and as such the rolled up score change on some trigger leads to a non-trivial amount of confusion on the part of the members here.

        
Message 2 of 6
WoodlandFlora
Established Member

Thank you. It's just frustrating because it went up and then down a bit. 

Do do you have any idea what LMN remark is on a credit report? It is listed under our mortgage which is and always has been current. Wondering if this has something to do with it?

Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@WoodlandFlora wrote:

Thank you. It's just frustrating because it went up and then down a bit. 

Do do you have any idea what LMN remark is on a credit report? It is listed under our mortgage which is and always has been current. Wondering if this has something to do with it?

Not a clue offhand; where did you get your report from and how and where is it specifically listed?  Picture of it would be helpful though it's unlikely it's causing any small ups and downs if it's being reported continously.

        
Message 4 of 6
WoodlandFlora
Established Member

It means loan modification apparently. The mortgage company modified our loan as they were adjusting escrow. 

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@WoodlandFlora wrote:

It means loan modification apparently. The mortgage company modified our loan as they were adjusting escrow. 

Oh interesting... thanks for that information!

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.