Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Drop.

tag
Sinarta
Established Member

Credit Score Drop.

I just got a message from Equifax stating I have a change in my credit score. I check and my score is down to 688. My original score at the beginning of January 2012 was 718 and about the middle of January, it went down to 706 and now 688. I checked my credit report this morning and an old credit card dropped off from the report that was from  2001  because that company went under and was in good standing when closed. I also had a credit card amount decrease some months ago but that hasnt affect the scoring. My uti is a little high but it has not affected my scoring also.

My question is, because of the old account dropping, is that the reason why my credit score is dropping? Or what is is?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score Drop.

If it was one of your oldest accounts, then yes, losing that card means you lost some substantial history and propobably a lower AAoA.  The increased util could also be playing a part in the drop.  What was your history and AAoA with the card and then without?

Message 2 of 3
Sinarta
Established Member

Re: Credit Score Drop.

My history with the card was: 10 years for length of credit history and AAoA was 5 years; 9 months and history without the card is 8 years 2 months for length of credit history and 5 years, 9 months for AAoA.

If that is the reason for the credit score drop, how long will it be before I can recover???

Edit: The card that dropped was my oldest card from 2001, my now oldest is 2003.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.