Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score Drop

My GF has one credit card a (secured card) right now and she just paid off the balance. The CL was 375 her balance was at 300.She paid it off to a zero balance, is it better ro pay off the whole balance when trying to help credit score or leave it at 3-5%. Her credit score went down by 16 points, we are trying to figure out why, the score is from Experian SW. Any help I would appreciate it.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score Drop

@Anonymous wrote:
My GF has one credit card a (secured card) right now and she just paid off the balance. The CL was 375 her balance was at 300.She paid it off to a zero balance, is it better ro pay off the whole balance when trying to help credit score or leave it at 3-5%. Her credit score went down by 16 points, we are trying to figure out why, the score is from Experian SW. Any help I would appreciate it.

Typically, it is better to have a balance of 1-9% uti to prove that you can utilize credit wisely and that you are not afraid of it.

Do you mean Equifax SW or some other Experian FAKO score product?

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about that, it is equifax
Message 3 of 5
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

OK. I would keep a low uti on the account. Do the sim, with a low uti and see what happens to the scores. Use the 1 month option on the drop-down.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks, i will try it
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.